help....can't connect r28pf to r12sw sub

yogiberra

new set up.

the powered speakers work put when i hook up the sub i get nothing.  i do get power on the sub with the green light and i can hear it reverberate

is the dual rca cable cord the problem?  that's all that was included. 

i hooked them up to the sub and the right speaker (see pics)

what is the problem?.

do i need a different cord that goes from (sub out) on my powered speaker to lfe on the subwoofer?  or do i have a lemon?

Inkedsub_speak_LI.jpg

Edited by yogiberra
  • Like 1

In the picture you posted the arrow is pointing to the red and white RCA jacks on the speaker.  That is the phonograph input for the speaker.  If that's what you have it connected to, disconnect it and connect either white or red cord to the black output on the speaker which is the subwoofer output. 

• Like 1

so take either the red or white and put it in sub out on my speaker.......and plug the other end red/white into the sub?

or this

are you saying plug both the red & white dual rca cable both in my speaker left and right holes,  then use only the white one going to the sub to the lfe?

is it okay to only use 1 of the 2?

Edited by yogiberra

are all subs like this?

it doesn't sound that good at all...do i need to adjust the gain and low pass

it sounds like rumble in dance hall consuming everything?

hard to adjust volume on speaker remote as well.  it's either too much or not enough

is there a sweet spot for location in the room that will make it better or is this as good as it gets with a $150 sub?. 

Edited by yogiberra
  • Like 1

Every room is different as far as the best location and settings on the sub.  You'll have to experiment and see what sounds best to you.

Turn the gain on the sub down if it is drowning out your other speakers.  It should be at a level where it adds depth but doesn't overpower what you're listening to. 

Yes, it's ok to leave the other cord hanging although you can separate them if you don't like how it looks. 

• Like 1

not getting any sound right now.

any chance the new sony a80j won't work with these powered speakers?      i tried the optical cable cord, and then  tried the aux cable cord  and still got nothing as well.  

i can't get any sound

speakers are set to (audio system and not tv speakers)  amd pcm.  turned off tv's main center speaker 

Edited by yogiberra

problem solved.

my problem was 

keeping tv center speaker turned on in the settings  ( i thought it needed to be turned off for the external speakers)

also,...i needed to set the digital audio out to max =100 volume.   it defaults there but through my tinkering in order to get it work i set it to 50 thinking i would blow up my speakers once i got it working if it was left on 100.

one other problem i found while utilizing blue tooth is the main right speaker volume isn't marked on the knob.  it's push and turn on with no scale with no mark even on the knob....  if it was low or not turned on you're gonna have a problem.    

Edited by yogiberra