Dave Mallett Funeral Service (6/16) Information (In person and virtual) from Lone Lobo

Travis In Austin

• Moderators

From Ron @Lone Lobo aka @Lonelobo 

"David's memorial service will be livestreamed on the Texarkana Funeral Home Facebook page. Visitation is at 9:30 and service at 10:30am at St. James Episcopal Church of Texarkana. 

Keep your stories coming...

I'll have to tell you sometime about the time Dave and I floated 3 days down the Mekong out of Chiang Saen on a bamboo raft guided by a couple of heavily tattooed Lisu warriors against the warnings of all the guards along the river.  Adventures we had."

The services are tomorrow, Thursday, June 16th.

Here is a link to the Funeral Home Obituary

https://www.texarkanafuneralhome.com/obituary/david-mallette

I posted this in another thread.  BTW, the reason he wanted a sub was because he came to the house and heard my IB.  He was fascinated and realized what he had been missing running the K-horns without one.

One of the fondest memories I have of Dave was at his house in Houston.  We were upstairs in his listening room and he was playing the largest pair of Frazier speakers I've ever seen.  I don't recall the model number but they were mammoth.  Supposedly they were something Frazier concocted to compete with the K-horn.  We listened and talked for quite a while.  It seems like ages ago yet it also seems like last week.  I also remember when you and I were at his house building him a sub and we sent him to the hardware store 3 times to get a couple tubes of PL Premium.  We gave up and used the liquid nails he brought on the last trip as we knew that sending him back again would be pointless.  Typical Dave.  LOL.

Still too soon for me.  I visited and heard the Fraziers in Seabrook, and then helped with a fundraiser in Texarkana for the RMHC.  I've met and conversed with a lot of the family, including the little pip of a daughter.  RIP man, you were a better person than most.

• Like 1

David's memorial service will be livestreamed on the Texarkana Funeral Home Facebook page. Visitation is at 9:30 and service at 10:30am at St. James Episcopal Church of Texarkana. 

Keep your stories coming...

I'll have to tell you sometime about the time Dave and I floated 3 days down the Mekong out of Chiang Saen on a bamboo raft guided by a couple of heavily tattooed Lisu warriors against the warnings of all the guards along the river.  Adventures we had.

• Like 3

Good grief. Apparently someone gave me a new name with both words seperated and capitalized. Now I show as a newbie.  Ok, so I haven't been faithfully consistent and even absent for years, but I'm not a newbie. How do I get my old street creds and posts back. Can't log in with my old name!  

Help me Obewan, you're my only hope.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Lone Lobo said:

Good grief. Apparently someone gave me a new name with both words seperated and capitalized. Now I show as a newbie.  Ok, so I haven't been faithfully consistent and even absent for years, but I'm not a newbie. How do I get my old street creds and posts back. Can't log in with my old name!  

photo-thumb-7643.jpg@Lonelobo  is still active on the server -----since 2002  -last log in 2017-

you can log in and reset your password if you remember the email you used to register @Lonelobo    --The server will send the request to reset your password to the email registered for lonelobo only --

-if you do not remember your password or the email for @Lonelobo, PM  @Chad    with your new email address   , Chad can reset your password to your new email , and he can also combine both your old and your new activity of both accounts on @Lonelobo-

--you need 5 posts to start using the PM messages, so please write 3 more posts ro raise your post count ----bump-bump-bump -

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lone Lobo said:

I know, right? Fwiw, I had the same problem and it ended up that when I registered in the early 2000s I had an AOL account and evidently the email address doesn't work on the "send new password" function and I thought they had banned me....Well, they did ban me but it was only supposed to be for a month. ;)  {Edit: Btw, thanks for setting all of this up for Dave and my condolences.}

• Like 1