Preliminary info on the new Jubilee

PrestonTom

veloceleste, I have not found such a statement anywhere on the Bryston homepage. One stays completely in the product line. Amplifiers are the core of this brand.
I am sure that Klipsch dealers will offer good, safe and easy plug and play solutions - on a brand level of amps - for the new Jubilees if a customer wants it that way. 

Personally, I think this approach is better than putting any active anonymous amps into the new Jubilees. The latter would not be elegant in this price range, because amplifiers (brands and/or types) are important to people. This only works if a speaker brand also has a reputation for amplifiers.

EDIT: It's fun to think about such things because I like Klipsch and have the previous Jubilees myself. But now I will stop interfering, I have said what I think. These are finally serious company decisions.

I'm just wondering if the Chief changed the DI on the new horn, perhaps to end up with better control below 600 Hz. and match polars closer to the 250-300 Hz. Xover point of the Bass Bin. I really think the new "tweeter spreader" for lack of a better term, will certainly improve the polars above 8 Khz., which is where the existing K-402 has limitations for both.

Either way, I hope there's some built-in "Tweakability" to compensate for different rooms and Listener Taste!

15 hours ago, MMurg said:

Certified Heritage Dealers have the pricing.  I was given the pricing when I placed my preorder, so I think the pricing is set.  No, I'm not going to reveal it unless someone from Klipsch or a dealer says the pricing is public knowledge.  🙂  However, I was not given any idea of availability.  The wait is going to kill me.

@MMurg AFAIK you're the only one that has ordered or admitted it. Did you go Walnut or Black Ash?

I'm so envious...

Thou shall not covet....thou shall not covet.....

• Like 1

16 hours ago, MMurg said:

Certified Heritage Dealers have the pricing.  I was given the pricing when I placed my preorder, so I think the pricing is set.  No, I'm not going to reveal it unless someone from Klipsch or a dealer says the pricing is public knowledge.  🙂  However, I was not given any idea of availability.  The wait is going to kill me.

So you're looking to buy one of the new Anniversary version??!!

Excellent!!  You DO know that if this happens for you, you need to provide a plethora of pictures on receiving, setting up and then listening opinions.

1 minute ago, babadono said:

@MMurg AFAIK you're the only one that has ordered or admitted it. Did you go Walnut or Black Ash?

I started buying Klipsch in the '80s and for me Klipsch means beautiful wood veneer finishes.  I never got why you would want to paint the veneer black.  The only black Klipsch I own are models where there was no finished veneer choice.  So, it won't be black.  Whether it's walnut or the finish of another edition that @PrestonTom speculated about earlier in the this thread and others in the forum have hinted may or may not exist will depend on what that hypothetical finish may or may not look like.  🙂 

3 minutes ago, Coytee said:

So you're looking to buy one of the new Anniversary version??!!

Excellent!!  You DO know that if this happens for you, you need to provide a plethora of pictures on receiving, setting up and then listening opinions.

Of course.  I'll post here and on some of the Facebook groups about it.  I've already commissioned a new drawing that I'll make my new profile picture once they arrive and are set up.  🙂  https://www.instagram.com/p/CPj37d6Lh2s/

187867058_2972107903036471_4114297799406357066_n.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Guys, the amplifier part is not that complicated.  When you buy most pairs of speakers, you expect to need 2 channels of amplification, so you have or buy either a stereo power amp or a pair of monoblocs.  With these speakers, you’ll need 4 channels of amplification, so you have or buy either 2 stereo amps or 4 monoblocs.  Ideally, they’re all the same brand and model, so there are no issues with gain matching or timbre.

That’s it.  The DSP unit, according to that info sheet, has adjustments for bass and treble to suit the owner’s room or tastes.

If the owner wants to experiment with mixing amps, whether of brand or type, like SS for bass and tube for treble, that’s up to them.  Klipsch doesn’t need to get involved with that.

I don’t mean to be speaking for Chief Bonehead, but I think that may be Klipsch’s position on amplification with The Jubilee.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Chief bonehead said:

Yeah I’m known for being an ad slick kinda  of a bonehead. 

If you have approval over M&S ad copy, then I'm impressed, and a proponent of this. Our sales group likes to occasionally quote what they call, "Typical specs", lol.

• Moderators
6 hours ago, Islander said:

Guys, the amplifier part is not that complicated.  When you buy most pairs of speakers, you expect to need 2 channels of amplification, so you have or buy either a stereo power amp or a pair of monoblocs.  With these speakers, you’ll need 4 channels of amplification, so you have or buy either 2 stereo amps or 4 monoblocs.  Ideally, they’re all the same brand and model, so there are no issues with gain matching or timbre.

That’s it.  The DSP unit, according to that info sheet, has adjustments for bass and treble to suit the owner’s room or tastes.

If the owner wants to experiment with mixing amps, whether of brand or type, like SS for bass and tube for treble, that’s up to them.  Klipsch doesn’t need to get involved with that.

I don’t mean to be speaking for Chief Bonehead, but I think that may be Klipsch’s position on amplification with The Jubilee.

That sounds right, don't want to mess with it, and it would need to be an option even if it was offered wouldn't it?

That may change, they (11 Brands) just bought Onkyo/Pioneer/Integra in a Joint venture with Sharp, and also picked up US distribution for TEAC. 

They may offer a 4 channel amp down the line as an option, who knows.

• Like 2

• Moderators
11 hours ago, MMurg said:

Of course.  I'll post here and on some of the Facebook groups about it.  I've already commissioned a new drawing that I'll make my new profile picture once they arrive and are set up.  🙂  https://www.instagram.com/p/CPj37d6Lh2s/

187867058_2972107903036471_4114297799406357066_n.jpg

Mike you drew that? Edit, nevermind, I  figured it out.