Outdoor (gas) grill recommendations?

Emile

Possibly looking for a new gas grill :) and was hoping to get some recommendations :) 

Currently have a Ducane (model 7100) grill and LOVE it. Bought it new about 15 years ago and now am on my second rebuild (new grates, top and bottom). Use it maybe once a month. It is true stainless; no rust or any problems :)  But of course they are no longer produced :( Also have a Weber, which I NEVER use because it just does NOT even compare.

Looked at the big box stores, but all I see is cheap inferior stainless Chinese grills that will only last 2-3 years if you are lucky :( 

Any thoughts? :) (No problem spending $1000+.)

I use a 5 burner Broil King... supposedly made in USA or Waterloo Ontario plant (where I went to University... first time). It has been very good. Now that I’m away from -30 deg winter, I might use it even more.  We also have a small Weber which I intend to turn into an outdoor gas oven, but the Broil King is way better.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators

I have no idea, to find a well made one might take some looking, one without a crazy price just for feature's. 

Edit; since i had no idea I looked a little, it's going to be tough deciding, it's going to depend on size also. I quickly found the prices can get crazy, this site had a few to look at, set your price and shop for the best for the money.

Just a site I ran across ......

https://www.bbqguys.com/bbq-grills-smokers/gas-grills?utm_source=microsoft&utm_medium=paid&utm_campaign=279125443&utm_content=77034652548251&utm_term=barbeque gas grills&species=search-ad&msclkid=193f3bae58bc1c80a81b5b688fa8f043&campaignid=279125443&campaign=MIC | SRC | Generic | Grills %26 Smokers - Gas Grills | Phrase | 2017-01&adgroupid=1232552564888967&adgroup=Gas Grills%3A Gas BBQ Grills&adid=77034652548251&keyword=barbeque gas grills&feeditemid=&orderitemid=77034703439574&targetid=kwd-77034703439574:loc-4107&matchtype=p&bidmatchtype=bp&network=o&device=c

• Thanks 1

We just picked up one of these. This technology makes for a really good tasting evenly cooked burger and it will sear a steak. A more expensive version of this cooking tech is the Saber grill.

https://www.charbroil.com/signature-series-tru-infrared-3-burner-gas-grill-463342620

The Saber

https://www.sabergrills.com/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

BroilMaster

Heavy duty (cast) aluminum body.  Friend gave me one 15 years ago when they were going pellet.  Been outside ever since. Body won't rust.  When we redid kitchen had them stub out natural gas through the wall.  Company sells jet replacements to change from propane to natural gas.  Never worry about tanks again.  Finally replaced the burner two years ago.   Lots of replacement parts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flatgrass said:

BroilMaster

Heavy duty (cast) aluminum body.  Friend gave me one 15 years ago when they were going pellet.  Been outside ever since. Body won't rust.  When we redid kitchen had them stub out natural gas through the wall.  Company sells jet replacements to change from propane to natural gas.  Never worry about tanks again.  Finally replaced the burner two years ago.   Lots of replacement parts.

15 years is an incredible run for a gas grill.

• Like 1

I recall the one built in next to back porch here when I was a kid. So if it was put in the ground in 1960 and it worked until I was almost out of high school in `81 I think that's pretty good. Covers weren't made for outside things back then so it withstood the weather. Kept lava rocks in it and replaced the burners once.

It was a Charmglow!

https://www.charmglowgrills.org/

* thought I found something. NOPE. must be a pinterest site. Sorry!

Good luck to your Lightning @Emile still got to pull for the SE teams!

Edited by JohnJ
* bogus site
  • Haha 1

I have a 

Weber Summit Gold that I bought used off of CL for $350.00, I put $20 worth of cross tubes in it, it will get up to 700 degrees, it's blown off the deck and took 3' shots on 2 occasions and it's about 10 years old and going strong.  For a gas grill, no complaints.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jimjimbo said:

Organic charcoal......that's a new one.  And to be honest, I doubt it.  How long does it take to grow oak and hickory?  

Per the description...."natural lump charcoal made from 100% oak or hickory, and contains no fillers, nitrates, chemicals, limestone, or treated wood".  More expensive yes but it's what we use.  My concerns are the charcoals you can light with a match and what the chemicals that allow that add to the smoke/flavor of the food being cooked.

But again the OP was asking about gas grills.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Per the description...."natural lump charcoal made from 100% oak or hickory, and contains no fillers, nitrates, chemicals, limestone, or treated wood".  More expensive yes but it's what we use.  My concerns are the charcoals you can light with a match and what the chemicals that allow that add to the smoke/flavor of the food being cooked.

the big green egg is a name brand..

the style of grill is a Kamado

https://www.homedepot.com

Product Image
Kamado Char-Gas Dual Fuel Charcoal/Gas Grill in Black with Grill Cover
by Vision Grills

(256)
$999

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tarheel said:

I understand, I never use briquets either, only lump.  Was just saying that I've never heard of "Organic Lump Charcoal".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1