Barn Find - Need Help!

rickriley

Actually, a Garage find. A friend of a friend recently passed away and since I’m the only one my friend knew that had worked on Klipsch speakers (recently restored some Klipschorns) he wanted to know if I’d be interested in what this person had in his garage.

Two sets of Cornwalls. Don’t know the date they were made as serial numbers on the newer ones were blacked out and tags for the factory on the older ones were pretty well gone.

I don’t need them. I would just be purchasing them to refurbish and sell. When I refurbished  the corner horns I bought tweeters, mid-range drivers and crossovers from Bob Crites. I’ve been extremely happy with the performance and would be willing to update these as well.

What I would like to know.

·  What era are they are from?

·  What I should pay for the set of four or should I just get two?

·  What expense I should look at in updates?

·  What I would get for them on the market?

·  And is there is even a demand?

Thanks in advance for your help!

CW 1.jpg

CW 2.jpg

CW 3.jpg

CW 4.jpg

CW 5.jpg

CW 6.jpg

Newer Cornwall wo Grill.JPG

Newer Cornwall.JPG

the first set is most likely from 1960 - 61  with vertical horns and the slot in the back. could have a 12" woofer in them also.

the bottom set is from 76-77 or 78 with the letters P - R or S stamped into the wood on the back top edge

• Like 1

you can find the serial numbers stamped into the wood panels  at the top-rear center  of the CW's  -------

1 pair of CW is a  very early version of the CW  serial nos are consecutive   nos 156-157  ------that's historical  right there --1961-these are worthy of preservation to a Collector only

--the second pair of CW is 1975-1976-   Laser badges and the woofer is the earlier square magnet K33  as seen by the smaller dust cap ---these are the nicer of the 2 pairs ---I would concentrate on this pair at the lowest price possible  and I would keep them ,  -1975-76-77-78 CW sound fantastic since they have  Alnico drivers  fo the MIDS -HF  --

On 6/14/2021 at 12:43 PM, rickriley said:

Any idea what I should offer? Or what they might be worth if refurbished?

I would offer 1k$ for the newer pair -- they are really in nice condition , the older pair is  more valuable to a collector , I would not restore the older pair -they are original as is -

On 6/16/2021 at 10:58 AM, RandyH001 said:

I would offer 1k$ for the newer pair -- they are really in nice condition , the older pair is  more valuable to a collector , I would not restore the older pair -they are original as is -

Thank you!