You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore , to be happy

Coytee

So I was laying on the couch, exhausted....knowing I'd drift into a SNAP (Short NAP.....got that from my father!)

Anyway, turned TV on or hit recordings, to be honest, I don't really know.  The America's Got Talent show was on.  I figured that would help me go to sleep....  I was drifting in/out, had commercial and something buzzed me awake.

The last contestant was a young gal.  Don't recall age, let's call her 23/24.  Had distinctly short hair and a bit of a gaunt look.....  gut feeling said cancer.  Indeed, she is afflicted with it right now and I think she said it was in a couple spots.  She was going to sing an original song which was nice enough.

During her chat with the 'judges', there was some back & forth and Mr. Cowl must of asked her something and she said (paraphrased) ..."well, you can't wait until life's pain ends to be happy" and I just stopped & stared at her, marveling at the attitude she seems to have.  He of course hit the golden glitter button for her so it was a nice touchy/feely moment but her outlook on life struck me as very uplifting and I loved her comment.  

There are many people in life that can use a dose of that.

Just listened again and corrected the quote

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

15 minutes ago, Coytee said:

So I was laying on the couch, exhausted....knowing I'd drift into a SNAP (Short NAP.....got that from my father!)

Anyway, turned TV on or hit recordings, to be honest, I don't really know.  The America's Got Talent show was on.  I figured that would help me go to sleep....  I was drifting in/out, had commercial and something buzzed me awake.

The last contestant was a young gal.  Don't recall age, let's call her 23/24.  Had distinctly short hair and a bit of a gaunt look.....  gut feeling said cancer.  Indeed, she is afflicted with it right now and I think she said it was in a couple spots.  She was going to sing an original song which was nice enough.

During her chat with the 'judges', there was some back & forth and Mr. Cowl must of asked her something and she said (paraphrased) ..."well, you can't wait until life's pain ends to be happy" and I just stopped & stared at her, marveling at the attitude she seems to have.  He of course hit the golden glitter button for her so it was a nice touchy/feely moment but her outlook on life struck me as very uplifting and I loved her comment.  

There are many people in life that can use a dose of that.

I saw that.  She has an incredible attitude.

• Moderators

Way to MANY people.

Your right it's crazy to wait, do everyday like it's your last, and do not forget to let the people around you how you feel about them. And be happy, it's not hard.

We had a friend neighbor that was always angry and mad about something and never happy. With her husband we all talked to her to go see someone to get help and she did. She came back after a few appointments and we asked well you doing ok ? She was shocked at what the shrink said telling us your not going to beleve what he said. The doctor told her " this is your life, it's not a dress rehearsal this is it, try to enjoy it and not be so miseriable.

What he said was so simple but she just couldn't understand it, I think some people are happy being unhappy and surrounded by controversy. 

Be happy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

55 minutes ago, wuzzzer said:

I watched that video also.  She said she has a 2% chance of survival.  Then she said 2% is better than 0%.

Wow. 

Exactly.  When you get hit with life-changing news, you have two choices:  you can cry, or you can laugh.  It's up to you.

Of course, you might cry a bit at first, but you soon realize that you're getting nothing done that way, and you'd better not waste what time is left to you.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, dtel said:

How you doing Mark ?

A lot better than earlier in the year.  I think the doctors have found the right combo of meds.

I greatly dislike being a person who has to take drugs every day but the alternative isn't very desirable either. 

Thank you for asking.  👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1