Upgrades : Speakers or Amp what should come first?

Beenaround

Score a pair of Heresy 1s or 2s at market price, see if you like the voicing of the heritage line.

Obviously all of us do.........

If you like screaming rock, the Fort 2s are unbeatable, total sleepers

Cornwalls sound a little better with more bass

LaScalas still better esp in the midrange voice

K-horns more bass, but very finnicky in placement and room etc

Personally, I would score the B-more LaScalas if you can strike a deal

others who purchased them in the past with limited spouse approval

came back a few months later with the wife's new position.

"the LaScalas are leaving over my dead body"

Turns out wifey had the LaScalas rocking all day every day while they were at work.

Score a pair of smoked glass tops with rounded edges and corners, no plants allowed on top

If you have a friend with a van, take plenty of clean tarps, blankets, pillows and chair cushions so you don't trash the veneers

Pull the trigger on the LaScalas, you will never look back ........

• Like 2

I had thought about upgrading the ones I have but they are mint and original so I'm gonna leave them as is and possibly sell once I find new ones.

The La Scala's near Baltimore would be perfect if I can find a transport vehicle I didn't have to pay more than gas. I'm still looking into that.

4 minutes ago, Emile said:

Haha ... if you have room for Cornwalls; these are only a couple of inches wider :) 

Maybe its the horn that is throwing me off? I measured the other day for the La Scala dimensions, I may have to move my "retro" gaming setup which is in the corner along the Stereo wall. If I moved the Games I could fit Khorns in both corners.

• Like 1

My thoughts?  Ha! 

Know your budget, become a frequent member in here spending time LEARNING and enjoying the banter while watching the "garage sale" section.  You want to know what something sounds like?  This is the place. 

You want something that cranks the tunes?  Keep your eyes open here.  Most here shoot totally straight and they're great guys who'll help you in a heart beat. 

Questions?  Just ask openly or if your confused send someone a pvt msg w/your question.  Once I mentioned I needed a lil pair of rubber gaskets to seal my LS driver to the horn.  Sure I could get them but one of the guys stepped up and mailed me two extras he had.  Who wants to buy 10 for $10 when ya only need 2?  Newbies don't forget those guys and that's what makes this place work. 

Buy a membership and support the Museum in Hope.  Many do but it's not a requirement. 

You want to expand yourself this is the place to do it.  We don't bite too hard it's just that first bite when you're building your system.  Then a second bite as you slide deeper into the rabbit hole.  hahaha  It's on you now!  Just my $.02..    :)

• Like 3

A few years ago I rented a Dodge Caravan to make an 8 hour round trip to pick up Khorns. Sure it cost me some $$$ to rent the van. But let's look at it this way. You've already said you are having a difficult time finding heritage speakers in your area. A month from now when you are sitting back enjoying your lascalas, are you going to still be sweating that hundred bucks?

OTOH, a month from now when those lascalas are in someone else's listening room and you are wishing you had bought them, that hundred dollars won't seem so significant.

Just MHO.....

Shakey

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Beenaround said:

Maybe its the horn that is throwing me off?

Yeah; the horns makes them about 12 inches taller :(  And these are 30" wide (about 5" wider than CW's ... earlier measured my KPT-904's which are a bit narrower :) 

Haha, most of us here started with "small" speakers ... now many of us have big cinema ones.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, billybob said:

Privately ask seller if he is firm on price? If so, ask if seller will knock off 100 for gas, etc...

Good fortune!

I got somethin you want!  Don't know what it is yet but I'll find somethin and it'll be a cold day before I knock 100 off!  Wait...  Maybe you'll give me the official okie dokie in here?  Still love ya though brother!  😂  😂   😂

3 minutes ago, Beenaround said:

Guys - I seem to have run out of “likes” for the day. I appreciate all the info and guidance you’ve sent my way. 

The more you're in here the more "likes" you'll get unless you're like me.  Then no one will "like" you!  😂

• Haha 4