Pair of Klipschorns for Sale in Louisiana

clairej

I’m new to the forum! I’m helping my parents downsize to a smaller place and Dad is ready to part with the Klipschorns he bought in the late 70s - he recalled it was 1978. I don’t know much about vintage speakers, but I’m happy to provide pics and look for any identifying info on the units. The speakers are in Shreveport, LA. I’m still researching pricing, but we’re taking offers.

Thanks!

IMG_1432.HEIC

• Like 1

On 6/16/2021 at 4:57 PM, clairej said:

I’m new to the forum! I’m helping my parents downsize to a smaller place and Dad is ready to part with the Klipschorns he bought in the late 70s - he recalled it was 1978. I don’t know much about vintage speakers, but I’m happy to provide pics and look for any identifying info on the units. The speakers are in Shreveport, LA. I’m still researching pricing, but we’re taking offers.

Thanks!

IMG_1432.HEIC 1.67 MB · 6 downloads

welcome to the forum , what is the ASKING PRICE ?

Hi, I haven’t seen any tags on them anywhere, but there are numbers pressed into the wood on the back. 

16U075 with maybe J6 stamped underneath - hard to tell, since it looked like the stamp slipped

161555 is stamped onto the metal horn on this unit.

16U074 with an OJ stamped underneath

161556 is stamped onto the back of the metal horn on this unit.

I still need to research asking price. I feel like I’ve seen everything from $1,000 to $4,000 USD based on a few minutes of googling. Based on the appearance of the wood, I think this is an oak veneer model. Maybe the oak is less desirable than walnut in the current market. I have no idea, and would love to learn more if there is a resource or good thread for that which you know of. 

As far as shipping, I have used UShip in the US to ship large items, but I have no experience with international freight shipping. I have no idea what would be involved, but if an international purchaser wanted to pay for the cost of shipping, my Dad would probably be open to having someone crate them up, etc., and pick up for international delivery.  

74wood.jpg

74metal.jpg

75wood.jpg

Edited by clairej
Attaching photos

Here is the stamp on the back of the metal horn on the 16U075 unit.

It’s completely embarrassing how challenging it is for me to get these photos sized down and uploaded in here. This 2mb limit it killing me. The newbie status is definitely appropriate. 😂

75metal.jpg

21 hours ago, Budman said:

the only letter that means anything is the U in the serial number which stands for 1980

does the label say something like KB-BR or KC-BR

I didn’t see a paper label anywhere on either of the two speakers. It wouldn’t be on the bottom, would it? If they were inside the back somewhere that it should be obvious, I sure don’t see it.

On 6/22/2021 at 8:52 PM, clairej said:

Hi, I haven’t seen any tags on them anywhere, but there are numbers pressed into the wood on the back. 

16U075 with maybe J6 stamped underneath - hard to tell, since it looked like the stamp slipped

16U074 with an OJ stamped underneath

161556 is stamped onto the back of the metal horn on this unit.

I still need to research asking price. I feel like I’ve seen everything from $1,000 to $4,000 USD based on a few minutes of googling. Based on the appearance of the wood, I think this is an oak veneer model. Maybe the oak is less desirable than walnut in the current market. I have no idea, and would love to learn more if there is a resource or good thread for that which you know of. 

As far as shipping, I have used UShip in the US to ship large items, but I have no experience with international freight shipping. I have no idea what would be involved, but if an international purchaser wanted to pay for the cost of shipping, my Dad would probably be open to having someone crate them up, etc., and pick up for international delivery.  

74wood.jpg

74metal.jpg

75wood.jpg

Thanks Claire,

I would be happy to pay for shipping to the uk if your dad is willing to get some quotes together? Then we can discuss a reasonable price between us for the speakers themselves.

Many thanks

On 6/16/2021 at 4:57 PM, clairej said:

Thanks!

IMG_1432.HEIC 1.67 MB · 118 downloads

these khorns were manufactured in 1980  -

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/22/2021 at 4:47 PM, Budman said:

the letter U stands for 1980

does the label say something like KB-BR or KC-BR

Please try the image hosting below in my signature.  Unlimited sizes, and it works a treat.

• 4 weeks later...