Using 41m in angle (shooting to the ceiling )

iliak

How is it compared to Atmos dedicated speaker?

Due to budget limit and the cost of Klipsch atmos speakers x3-x5 vs 41m here.

My setup . Denon x2200. Front 160m. Center 450c. Sub svs pc12plus

And very bad surround and back speakers not worth to mention (looking for a replacement at the moment)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

upfiring atmos speakers have to adhere to a certain frequency response with certain notches.  In other words, it's not flat.  This is necessary to pull off the psychoacoustic effect.  You take a flat speaker and point it at the ceiling... it's not the same.  I'm sure you'll get some cool effects but you're going to be able to localize them more than ones that were designed to do this due to the frequency response.  

19 minutes ago, Paducah Home Theater said:

upfiring atmos speakers have to adhere to a certain frequency response with certain notches.  In other words, it's not flat.  This is necessary to pull off the psychoacoustic effect.  You take a flat speaker and point it at the ceiling... it's not the same.  I'm sure you'll get some cool effects but you're going to be able to localize them more than ones that were designed to do this due to the frequency response.  

This is why I have 4 KPT-200's with lighter neo woofers hanging from my ceiling for full Atmos effect. They are also in perfect symmetry of distance from my head.

27 minutes ago, Paducah Home Theater said:

On 6/17/2021 at 1:15 AM, iliak said:

How is it compared to Atmos dedicated speaker?

Due to budget limit and the cost of Klipsch atmos speakers x3-x5 vs 41m here.

My setup . Denon x2200. Front 160m. Center 450c. Sub svs pc12plus

And very bad surround and back speakers not worth to mention (looking for a replacement at the moment)

Sorry for my late response. If you are wanting a semi-atmos effect, mount the 41's high pointing down toward your listening position.

Late response caused by my thinking another member would respond... @iliak

11 minutes ago, iliak said:

Thanks. I'll try to get some 140 sa for up to 200$ . Much easier install . Just to put on top 160m

Hope you get the sound you want.

Let us know... thanks!

• Like 1

On 6/28/2021 at 1:03 PM, billybob said:

Sorry for my late response. If you are wanting a semi-atmos effect, mount the 41's high pointing down toward your listening position.

Late response caused by my thinking another member would respond... @iliak

What do you mean by semi-Atmos?

Edited by hobbyinn