Jump to content

Using 41m in angle (shooting to the ceiling )


iliak
 Share

Recommended Posts

How is it compared to Atmos dedicated speaker?

 

 

Due to budget limit and the cost of Klipsch atmos speakers x3-x5 vs 41m here.

 

My setup . Denon x2200. Front 160m. Center 450c. Sub svs pc12plus

And very bad surround and back speakers not worth to mention (looking for a replacement at the moment)

 

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

upfiring atmos speakers have to adhere to a certain frequency response with certain notches.  In other words, it's not flat.  This is necessary to pull off the psychoacoustic effect.  You take a flat speaker and point it at the ceiling... it's not the same.  I'm sure you'll get some cool effects but you're going to be able to localize them more than ones that were designed to do this due to the frequency response.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Paducah Home Theater said:

upfiring atmos speakers have to adhere to a certain frequency response with certain notches.  In other words, it's not flat.  This is necessary to pull off the psychoacoustic effect.  You take a flat speaker and point it at the ceiling... it's not the same.  I'm sure you'll get some cool effects but you're going to be able to localize them more than ones that were designed to do this due to the frequency response.  

This is why I have 4 KPT-200's with lighter neo woofers hanging from my ceiling for full Atmos effect. They are also in perfect symmetry of distance from my head.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Paducah Home Theater said:

upfiring atmos speakers have to adhere to a certain frequency response with certain notches.  In other words, it's not flat.  This is necessary to pull off the psychoacoustic effect.  You take a flat speaker and point it at the ceiling... it's not the same.  I'm sure you'll get some cool effects but you're going to be able to localize them more than ones that were designed to do this due to the frequency response.  

 

On 6/17/2021 at 1:15 AM, iliak said:

 

How is it compared to Atmos dedicated speaker?

 

 

Due to budget limit and the cost of Klipsch atmos speakers x3-x5 vs 41m here.

 

My setup . Denon x2200. Front 160m. Center 450c. Sub svs pc12plus

And very bad surround and back speakers not worth to mention (looking for a replacement at the moment)

 

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

 

 

 

Sorry for my late response. If you are wanting a semi-atmos effect, mount the 41's high pointing down toward your listening position.

Late response caused by my thinking another member would respond... @iliak

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, iliak said:

Thanks. I'll try to get some 140 sa for up to 200$ . Much easier install . Just to put on top 160m

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
 

Hope you get the sound you want.

Let us know... thanks!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 6/28/2021 at 1:03 PM, billybob said:

 

Sorry for my late response. If you are wanting a semi-atmos effect, mount the 41's high pointing down toward your listening position.

Late response caused by my thinking another member would respond... @iliak

What do you mean by semi-Atmos?

 

Edited by hobbyinn
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...