Serial number

herbsanti

Those are newer than 1963 they would have had a vertical orientation, the tweeter would have been the chrome throat screw terminal 16ohm K-77 and they would have most likely had the Jensen P15LL K-33 woofers in them.  The crossover network would have also had hand wound bobbinized coils those are most likely from the early 70's era. A close up of the label or the S/N stamped at the upper edge of the rear will tell.

1 hour ago, Frzninvt said:

Those are newer than 1963 they would have had a vertical orientation, the tweeter would have been the chrome throat screw terminal 16ohm K-77 and they would have most likely had the Jensen P15LL K-33 woofers in them.  The crossover network would have also had hand wound bobbinized coils those are most likely from the early 70's era. A close up of the label or the S/N stamped at the upper edge of the rear will tell.

i bet that is the letter M for 1974

• Like 1

16 hours ago, herbsanti said:

Grills with PWK logos are not removable?

Never seen a CW without removable grills. They should be "velcro'd" on. Therefor, pretty sure previous owner nailed/stapled them in as they sometimes warp a bit. :(  As far as crossover goes ... replaced mine (early 80's) with new ones from Crites as advised by forum members. But; no difference at all, so make sure before you spend the money :) 

thanks..too much work :( I think I will just keep it as non-removable since its in perfect condition beside the missing PWK logo on one of the speaker (need to order on ebay?).

I am the second owner of the speaker look like it was well taken cared..

2 hours ago, herbsanti said:

Do I need to update the crossover?

big time ,  once you  have more than 5 posts , you can PM JEM----------------     @JEM Performance----------they sell klipsch capacitors , that match up the older parts that are no longer in spec --JEM  can quote you on a kit, you can solder the parts yourself , and save a few bucks -Welcome to the Forum

Thanks guys for the responses.. now I need to decide which combo I need for my small living room :),

Currently  acquired the cornwall 1 (1974), my existing setup is KLF 30 with 20 and C7, the CF3 is on my bedroom, and currently chorus 1 and forte 1 at the garage.

both chorus 1 and forte 1 are just sitting (not hook up)..

I just received the crites T1 for my KLF 30 and a capacitor to upgrade the xovers. The 20's are still in stock.

decision..decision..

The CF3 was driven by jungson class A amp (80w) with freya + as preamp..