Which amp should I buy for my KSP-300 speakers

wolf@thedoor

Hello Again,

I am willing to spend $1K - $2K for a amp/tuner (used would be fine -ebay). My friend gave me a Kenwood 6030 amp, but I could turn it up all the way and the speakers handle it with no problem with minimal distortion. I'd like to have a more powerful/better amp as I understand that the signal is cleaner at lower volumes. Is that correct. I heard about McIntosh and Krell, but those are way outta my range!! My wallet isn't thick enough!! How about Carver?? They're kinda pricey too! Let me know your thoughts as they are appreciated.

P.S. How do I get rid of the noise on my KSP-300 speakers. I hear that others have the same problem.

Sincerely,

The Newbie Wolf 4.gif

Hi,

If you don't mind spending a ton of money try a harmon kardon 430.

These go on ebay for at least $40 2.gif

Seriously though these are good amps but they are only 25wpc, this may be a little on the low side if you like really loud music.

What kind of noise problems are you having exactly??

Peace, Josh

Howdy,

When I select the CD or tuner option on the amp, I turn up the volume and there is a loud humming sound coming from the speakers. When I crank it up, the music drowns out the humming sound. I thought maybe the amp should be grounded, but I've read that others have the same problem with these exact speakers. Any know solutions? Thanks.

Regards,

Wolf6.gif8.gif8.gif8.gif