Crossover setting for home theater

Ace

Hi there, 

I am setting up my 5.1.2 home theater my equipment includes.

Klipsch Front RP 280f, Center Rp504C, Surround RP402S, and SPL120 woofer. With Denon X4700h

My room dimensions are 19 feetx13 feetx 9 feet.

I tried to caliberate the system through Audicy but sound is not good at all. Everything is suppressed. Bass is very dull and also high frequency are not well defined.

Can someone help me that what crossover should I use ? And what eq setting should I adjust

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2021 at 11:26 AM, dimanata2007 said:
On 6/22/2021 at 7:01 AM, wuzzzer said:

Make sure any kind of dynamic compression, late night mode, etc is turned off. 

+100 !!!

Yes!

On 6/22/2021 at 7:01 AM, wuzzzer said:

Start with 80Hz.  Turn off Audyssey and adjust everything by ear.

Fwiw and a second opinion, I definitely would run Audyssey correctly.

On 6/22/2021 at 9:45 AM, joeh4384 said:

I have found that YPAO and Audyessy love to set the sub super low. I always have to crank it from -10 to like -2. I keep my sub with the gain at 50%. 

I thought the same thing too going from ear to Audyssey and realized after extensive experimenting that the "extra bass" I was enjoying actually was drowning out some of the more subtler sounds. In particular the race scene on  Star Wars when the dude flicked off the creature that was on his table. My previous "by ear" adjustments was clouding out the sound of the creature's scream going down after the flick.

Of course, YMMV.

16 hours ago, Zen Traveler said:

Yes!

Fwiw and a second opinion, I definitely would run Audyssey correctly.

I thought the same thing too going from ear to Audyssey and realized after extensive experimenting that the "extra bass" I was enjoying actually was drowning out some of the more subtler sounds. In particular the race scene on  Star Wars when the dude flicked off the creature that was on his table. My previous "by ear" adjustments was clouding out the sound of the creature's scream going down after the flick.

Of course, YMMV.

Yeah I'd say most people enjoy elevated bass. Many would be very surprised to see measurements taken from their system lol.