help me identify my speaker

topherchanin

I acquired this speaker at an estate sale. I knew enough that it was a great speaker. can you help me identify year and model. 

on the back it says heresy loudspeaker system on a paper tag. there is no serial number listed on the line, but it was tested by  Mr. Bradford

additionally- opening up the back... the magnet has a stamp that says k.22 67.7625. it seems to be a birch cabinet...but quite honestly it looks more like 3/4 inch plywood lol

any help greatly appreciated, 

cris

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, topherchanin said:

I acquired this speaker at an estate sale. I knew enough that it was a great speaker. can you help me identify year and model. 

on the back it says heresy loudspeaker system on a paper tag. there is no serial number listed on the line, but it was tested by  Mr. Bradford

additionally- opening up the back... the magnet has a stamp that says k.22 67.7625. it seems to be a birch cabinet...but quite honestly it looks more like 3/4 inch plywood lol

any help greatly appreciated, 

cris

You will need to post some photos of the back, fronts w/o grills will help, 3/4" ply would be Raw Birch. and the tag would also help.

Also @HDBRbuilder can tell you where to look on the Heresy to see if the SN was stamped into the wood. He, along with @JRH can possibly narrow it down based on "Mr. Bradford." 

7 hours ago, topherchanin said:

there is no serial number listed on the line,

look at the rear of the speaker at the top center --------you will see a stamping in the wood which is the Serial number , 

here is a picture where you can see the location of the stamped marking right above the screw head at dead center

Do Heresy I's have stamped serial numbers? - Technical/Modifications - The  Klipsch Audio Community

aww you guys are all so wise. the serial number at the top is 25P485.  thank you all for the replies. Im sorry it has taken me a few days to figure out that you all responded. Ill try to upload some pictures. Another question..is it even worth keeping a single speaker or should I sell and try to find a pair? if so what would you all determine the value if it is in working order?

cris

IMG_7661.jpg

IMG_7651.jpg

Edited by topherchanin
adding pictures
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, topherchanin said:

the serial number at the top is 25P485. that is what is stamped in the birch. can anyone decipher this for me? trying to figure out age? am I to assume it was made in 1985?

cris

Look at this link at find when P serial numbers were made:

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/161759-klipsch-heritage-codes/

On 6/28/2021 at 10:30 AM, topherchanin said:

IMG_7651.jpg

the speaker looks to be all original ,  but the cone of the woofer looks like   it was  reconed  , the basket and magnet of the k-22 woofer are original  ,  the speaker itself is a Heresy Decorator , since it does not have a grille , you can see where the missing klipsch badge  was glued right above the tweeter lens -