Heresy's III different versions?

11 hours ago, Little Wolf said:

Hello everyone,

I have two set of Heresy III.

They are apparently identical, but rear labels are different:

In your opinion what are the differences ? (if there are).

Thanks,

The veneer is different , from one set to the other, if you check closely -and the Tags at the rear are not identical , but with a different script and overall design -

these 2 sets  are both pairs of Cherry Heresy II , but the veneer on each pair is bookmatched if the pairs are consecutively serial numbered

24 minutes ago, RandyH001 said:

the veneer on each pair is bookmatched if the pairs are consecutively serial numbered

When did they start doing this? The H was originally sold as a single speaker, not as a pair. My 1972 Hs do not have consecutive numbering, there's a difference of 8 or so in the count. I guess, if they weren't veneer bookmatched, it didn't matter much if the numbers were consecutive or not... 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MeloManiac said:

When did they start doing this? The H was originally sold as a single speaker, not as a pair. My 1972 Hs do not have consecutive numbering,

my  Heresy speakers  are  all consecutively serial numbered , not sure why yours are not--

5 minutes ago, RandyH001 said:

my  Heresy speakers  are  consecutively serial numbered , not sure why yours are not

Mine were sold originally in a German US army shop, most likely. I guess they didn't care much about those consecutive numbers, when they were rocking in those army barracks... 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, MeloManiac said:

Mine were sold originally in a German US army shop, most likely. I guess they didn't care much about those consecutive numbers, when they were rocking in those army barracks... 

yeah ,  I'm not surprised at all --

PWK was a Lt Colonel  in the US Army and he Always  made sure to Offer Klipsch Speakers at Lower Prices to American Servicemen across all the Overseas Military Bases -

4 hours ago, Islander said:

It may be that the bookmatched pairs are in the La Scalas, Khorns, and maybe Cornwalls, but not the Heresys.

From older posts I've read the matched pairs didn't always make it to the PX (or the like) together and you got what you got. Or. Maybe they didn't know to keep them together to start with. 

• Like 1

Hi,

The black label is from 2019, the brown one is from 2010.
The pairing of the pairs is indicated on the box, but not on the enclosure itself, indicating which enclosure number corresponds to the boxed enclosure.

example of the pairing of my CWIII, Number 15180015 matche with 15180016, and vice versa 15180016 matching with 15180015

tag6.jpg

4bh6.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1