Klipsch Forte I x-over - original?

mjcmt

I have a pair of Klipsch Forte I (For WO RV on back label) that I purchased from the original owner a while back.

They have low hours and alway indoor kept in climate controlled environment. They are in excellent condition cosmetically except for light water marks on top from plants. Most importantly, they sound fantastic, lively and clear, deep tight bass. I didn't have any intention of upgrading them as they sound sublime w/ modern tubes and British SS as well as vintage NAD.

I decided to remove x-over to see the condition and it looks new as it left the factory. So new looking I thought I'd check to see if the x-overs are original.

Back label says 'For WO RV' I'm assuming it stands for Forte Walnut and not sure what RV is...Revised? Please tell me what I have and if x-over is factory original.

MT1_3931 (1).jpeg1818042148_MT1_3375(1).thumb.jpeg.285c98ff1063da007c8a05709b0ba907.jpeg

• Like 1

Thanks for confirmations. You answered my questions. My Forte I are in amazing condition and don't plan on changing anything. Just wish I hadn't sold my '88-90 Mcintosh Mac-4280 receiver one year earlier, for cheap on top of it. The paring would have been a match made in audio heaven.

front right1552.jpg

front left1575.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
13 minutes ago, GeezerSH said:

I have the exact same speakers - walnut with risers. The passive radiators have the cones pushed in (young kids years ago). Any way to reverse this or should I look for replacements?

you can replace the dust caps or use a vacuum , just tone down the suction and easy does it , they will pull out