JBL 1800s - Klipsch killers.

tigerwoodKhorns

His last ad said how these 'destroy' those crappy Klipsch speakers.  Not sure how a speaker can destroy another but he was asking $750, now $400 no more mention of Klipsch.  Cheap finish on these.

8" woofers so maybe similar to CF 2s or 1s. 

https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/ele/d/pomona-vintage-jbl-sva-1800-speakers/7336209251.html

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

His last ad said how these 'destroy' those crappy Klipsch speakers.  Not sure how a speaker can destroy another but he was asking $750, now $400 no more mention of Klipsch.  Cheap finish on these.

8" woofers so maybe similar to CF 2s or 1s. 

https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/ele/d/pomona-vintage-jbl-sva-1800-speakers/7336209251.html

same principle as a CF series - but the woofers and drivers dont have NEO magnets

I owned JBL SVA 2100 speakers, and they sounded very similar to the CF-4. A bit more relaxed, and less shouty or in your face. I absolutely loved mine, but they....just like the CF series, need a seated listening position to sound their best. Mine were in my work room so I was standing most of the time, which led me to sell them off after I picked up my second pair of KLF-30's. I regret parting with them though, and still have the matching SVA Center.

Tim

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

I really like JBL speakers, but not their cheap Best Buy types.  These looks cheaply made. 

That said, I have a pair of LX55's that actually are decent and similar to L100s. 

These are not cheaply made at all. They are very well built heavy speakers.

21 hours ago, teaman said:

These are not cheaply made at all. They are very well built heavy speakers.

See what happens when I assume.  They looked cheap with the black finish. 

I knwo that the lower CF series are not really sought after.  Are these speakers with 8" woofers desirable?  If they have decent bass this looks like a good deal.  Pricing similar to the lower CF series. 

• Like 1