Heresy 1's fairly clean from 1981

Beenaround

Just wanted to share, I had been searching for any Heritage stuff just to change things up at home and it seemed like I was never going to find anything - between sellers playing games trying to get bids, and other unfortunate mishaps / misconnections I had all but given up. I posted on a Facebook group I'm in as a last ditch effort and I got a hit.

Story goes, these were in the original owners wall unit for 40 years. Serial has a "W" in it and from what I can decipher from the date code post these might be a 1981? I'm making a few changes to my layout so pardon the background mess.

Heresy1.2.jpg

Heresy1.1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, RandyH001 said:

WOW - MINT --- is all I will say , can you open the backs  -----remove the rear panel , there may be a few goodies under that cover ---

I had thought about this. I guess eventually I would need to for the XO’s. I understand certain speakers have a “squawker” that is important or what people look for? I need to do a little research, I wouldn’t know what to look at or for really.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beenaround said:

I wouldn’t know what to look at or for really.  

would you ever need to open the backs ----- you can PM me anytime , you need any Assistance , we will do it step by step -

1)   you need a phillips  screwdriver --remove the screws - there are no gaskets between the rear panel and the cabinet -

2)  make sure the light blue  round K55V -Midrange driver is not loose or over tightened  ,  loosen ---snug up by hand  -

3)  check that the metal cans  capacitors on the XO are not corroded   -

4)- check that all the screws on the drivers and crossover are tight  to avoid any rattle -

5)-  close the rear panel and screw back  ---10 minutes per speaker -  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Add a very thin gasket material to the rear panel where it contacts the cabinet  Available from Parts Express.

https://www.parts-express.com/Speaker-Gasketing-Tape-1-8-x-1-2-x-50-ft.-Roll-260-542

Order some midrange driver to horn gaskets from Crites and remove the old gaskets

https://critesspeakers.com/prices-other_stuff.html

Loosen and retighten all screws on the crossover barrier strips

Check all screws on the tweeter, midrange and (especially) woofer connections to the cabinet.

Recommend you replace the old capacitors with new from Crites or other sources such as Parts Express.  Heresy crossovers are very easy.

Let me know if you have any questions, happy to help.  You can PM me if you wish.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just wanted to share, I had been searching for any Heritage stuff just to change things up at home and it seemed like I was never going to find anything - between sellers playing games trying to get bids, and other unfortunate mishaps / misconnections I had all but given up. I posted on a Facebook group I'm in as a last ditch effort and I got a hit.

Story goes, these were in the original owners wall unit for 40 years. Serial has a "W" in it and from what I can decipher from the date code post these might be a 1981? I'm making a few changes to my layout so pardon the background mess.

Heresy1.2.thumb.jpg.03bd3c7a7c1a8dc57dd2bc352219e3da.jpg

Heresy1.1.thumb.jpg.af5ac15b3e680ca55512c730bfc53778.jpg

Listen to your favorite well recorded music. If they sound good enjoy them. You will instantly know if anything is wrong. No need to fix anything that’s not broke.They should be fine. That’s a wonderful find BTW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1