Heresy Speakers How Much Power

jcmusic

I run mine with HK 430 reciever with 24 watts but have had a Carver 140 watt amp on them. I also have ran them with battery powered boom box when power was out and we were rock'n in the ice storm. Everyone could hear them in the neighbor hood...lol.  Conclusion you can run them with almost anything. If you want vintage I would go for HK 430...630..730. Basically those have 2 separate amps in them. They sound awesome.

• Like 1

When my Heresy 1’s were delivered (2020) I did not have an amp yet. I connected them to my iPad via a cable. They certainly did not “fill the room” but were enjoyable up close. Current amp is theoretically 70 watts per channel but I rarely crank it. 

3 hours ago, jcmusic said:

How much power is needed to run these speakers for the most part?  What about Heresy II's and III's can the same amount of power be used?

How loud do you wanna be? How big is the room? I've had Heresy connected to anything from a few watts to well over 100. Larger the space the more watts you'll want.

Running tubes there are some nice lil smaller amps that would work perfectly.  If you're going to buy a receiver check into some of the  smaller stuff that's new.  You have a multitude of ways to go with those speakers and it's on you to decide.  Go listen to some of the new receivers paired up w/Klipsch @ Best Buy or somewhere.  Heresy's will sound nice with just about anything you throw at them.  Old or new.

I was running my Heresy IIi with a pair of 40 watt Quicksilver Mid Monos and it was a great match.  Plenty of power in my 15 x 17 room ....

I gave my brother a pair of H2 and he was driving them with a 15 w Technics receiver .   

they don’t need a lot of watts but the better the amp the more you will be rewarded 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, jcmusic said:

How much power is needed to run these speakers for the most part?  What about Heresy II's and III's can the same amount of power be used?

you need clean power and an amplifier  with very low distortion for a Heresy , given the woofer is only a 12 inch --

an exceptional amplifier for the klipsch Heresy  is the Yamaha A--S series -

• Like 2

Using with my 1972 Heresy speakers, with great satisfaction:

1) TubeCube 7 3.5 wpc

2) Leben Hifi CS300 12 wpc

3) Harman Kardon 430 28 wpc

4) Denon RCD M41 DAB+ 35wpc

5) Marantz PM5005 40 wpc

All of these will rock the house!

1 hour ago, MeloManiac said:

Using with my 1972 Heresy speakers, with great satisfaction:

1) TubeCube 7 3.5 wpc