Mcm 1900

dieter17

I may go look at these next weekend. Dont know much about them and neither does the seller. It appears they don’t have crossovers? Can anyone verify from the ad pictures? If they don’t what would crossovers cost ballpark? 

Thanks. 

Chris A posted a schematic for a four way the other day, see attached. Woofers and Tweeters can tell you how he used a different tweeter for his MCM 1900. If you have the space it is a great sounding system. Old pro gear can have problems though and what I have seen over the years does not endear SLV people to me. Driver problems can add up real quick so make sure you can check them all and the current owner does not have a problem with you opening the boxes up to verify driver type and condition. The zip cord hanging out is a caution sign. See why it was done.

MCM4 way.pdf

So the mcm 1900 only came in a 4 way system?  I may have to stick with normal 3 way stuff. I have some kp301, Kp 250 with subs and kp 201 that are just like a normal home speakers. Might be getting in over my head on this stuff. Lol

2 minutes ago, dieter17 said:

So the mcm 1900 only came in a 4 way system?  

IIRC, there were 3 way stacks that did not include the mid bass (MSSM). As far as tweeters, I bought a pair of L-MAHL tweeters that Dave A makes. I am quite pleased with them. So much so, I got 2 more pair of S-MAHL from him. 

Where are you located?

7 minutes ago, dieter17 said:

Might be getting in over my head on this stuff. Lol

If you ever get a good set of these, you'll stop looking for better. 

Like Dave said, make sure you check out the insides. If someone monkeyed around and swapped drivers or speakers, it won't be fun finding the parts you'll need. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

IIRC, there were 3 way stacks that did not include the mid bass (MSSM). As far as tweeters, I bought a pair of L-MAHL tweeters that Dave A makes. I am quite pleased with them. So much so, I got 2 more pair of S-MAHL from him. 

Where are you located?

Nw Iowa, about 3 hours from where these speakers are located. 

9 minutes ago, dieter17 said:

So the mcm 1900 only came in a 4 way system?  I may have to stick with normal 3 way stuff. I have some kp301, Kp 250 with subs and kp 201 that are just like a normal home speakers. Might be getting in over my head on this stuff. Lol

Over your head? Depends on who you ask. My three way did not have the MSSM and had the K-77 manifold tweeter and not the Piezo which had a bit of bad rep. I think you build the crossover as Chris provided and just omit the MSSM part. The Klipsch OEM crossover I had worked just fine and a200 watts per channel amp will run you out at 100 watts. The total wattage of the original Klpsch K-77 manifold tweeter setup was 20 so it is not hard to find a good substitute.

On 7/5/2021 at 4:22 PM, Dave A said:

Chris A posted a schematic for a four way the other day, see attached. Woofers and Tweeters can tell you how he used a different tweeter for his MCM 1900. If you have the space it is a great sounding system. Old pro gear can have problems though and what I have seen over the years does not endear SLV people to me. Driver problems can add up real quick so make sure you can check them all and the current owner does not have a problem with you opening the boxes up to verify driver type and condition. The zip cord hanging out is a caution sign. See why it was done.

MCM4 way.pdf 178.57 kB · 5 downloads

Do you make a tweeter for this setup?