Playing the RP-600Ms at loud full range a problem?

I paired my new RP-600Ms with a Yamaha S-501. So far I am super impressed and really enjoying them. Coming from a sound bar they are blowing me away how big the sound is and they are crystal clear.

I have a sub coming in two weeks. I got the HSU 15" MK2. Monster sub I am super excited for.

My issue is that with this amplifier, although it has a dedicated 'sub-out', there is no way to set crossover so the speakers are always getting full range. 

Ideally I would like my sub to be able to handle all of the lows up to say 80hz. However I think the 600s/sub will have to share the 45-80hz range since the 600s will be getting full frequencies.

I have heard mixed opinions but some say I could damage the speaker playing loud volumes when they are being sent full frequencies. Does it really matter? I would assume these are designed to be turned up full range or not. I know 'ideally' I could set crossover and let the 600s focus on mids/highs, but in my scenario is it going to matter at all they they are playing full range at loud volumes?

Also do the 600s have a filter on them where they 'ignore' a certain hz and below? Are the 600s going to be 'overworked' trying to play full range? Any chance of driver damage? Or do they try to play anything sent their way and are only successful 45 and above.

I just don't want to damage the speakers. However, once the sub is in I definitely will be playing them at loud volumes. Can yall let me know your opinion on this? I don't really want to send the receiver back to get one with crossover setting unless I absolutely have to. Thank you!

• Like 1