Gas Prices and Inflation (Split Thread)

Bubo

2 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

What exactly have "post Boomers" done that is so great?   Not a damn thing.

Don't try to shift the blame. Everyone knows everything is the Boomer's fault.  We did everything that we could to correct your mistakes. We were doing great, then the later gens came along and screwed it all up, again.  

1 minute ago, ClaudeJ1 said:
7 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Is there something that I'm supposed to do because I was born and raised in a certain era?  What exactly have "post Boomers" done that is so great?   Not a damn thing.

IOW, I don't give a sheet either is what I meant. I'm past it too.

No more chits to give? 

Actually, it's my generation (the 'helicopter parents') who have screwed the other generations up (what Zen gave me a puzzled emoji about). I made my kids earn their way, and they did without a lot. I have hated myself for it, but my kids have thanked me. They are doing great while several of their fellow generation have never developed coping skills on their own; are in their 30s; living in the parent's basements playing video games and don't know how to solve real world problems.

You boomers are okay, just don't clean out the SS funds.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/18/2021 at 8:59 AM, The Dude said:

My lowest paid mechanics make $1120.00 a week in a 40 work week. Our state unemployment pays a max $440 a week, add the additional $300.00 and at most, someone brings home $740.00, that's $380.00 less than what they make working. Every tech I talked to would rather work 40 hours for the additional $380 than sit at home. If techs in your area are making more than what they make at work, your company isn't paying enough or state needs to adjust their unemployment benefits.

I do believe that servers at restaurants are making more on unemployment, which shines some light on pay issues in those industries. I also believe that many of those people finally had opportunity to find better paying jobs...such as a delivery driver at Amazon. Add that Amazon created 400,000 jobs (worldwide), those people that once made less serving hamburgers to pissed off ungrateful people, now make more delivering packages to and for ungrateful pissed off people.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

A MILLION TIMES THIS.

On 6/18/2021 at 6:24 PM, dwilawyer said:

You are in a.collective bargaining state, so you should get one at next contract at least. If you are in one of those uber rich districts it won't it will be less of a dent.

Teachers, especially STEM and English teachers should be among the highest paid public employees in my opinion.

As a student who tried my best to consistently and painfully milk every STEM professor of every ounce of knowledge they possessed, I fully agree.

• Like 2

Bottom line with the unavailable hires is just like their former employers the money is the motivator. And I for one cannot find fault in that. To quote a popular phrase "it's all about the Benjamins."

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Subway said:

" just like their former employers the money is the motivator."

Who were their former employers?

Where did the money come from?

Is money always the determining factor or motivator? 

...........nevermind.

48 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

Always someone screwing up a thread @whatever55

Don't post or react in this thread again for one week (if it's still around).

Oh maan !? Just when I find an entertaining thread to read here you come to put out a potential fire. And right after sliding my LS in front of the Jubes to listen to a new to me King Crimson CD. Thanks a lot for harshin’ my mellow -