RB-75 Painesville, OH $575

Woofers and Tweeters

4 hours ago, DCaIrvine said:

Anyone close to there ? 
I want them, but the guy will not ship. 
I will pay for shipping if anyone can pick them up for me. Send me a PM and let’s get this done. 

The RB-75 is a considerably better speaker than the RB-81, IMO. They have a larger compression driver, actual wood veneer, were made in Hope, Arkansas, and designed to keep up with the original RF-7s. Otoh, they are hard to find. If you would be using them for HT, paired with an RC-7 is hard to beat bang-for-buck as a Front Soundstage . :) In fact, Steve Phillips, a Klipsch employee said when they are dialed in with a capable sub they perform as well as the RF-7--Fwiw, I tried that last scenario but still prefer RF-7s up front. YMMV. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, DCaIrvine said:

I will buy these if someone is close to get them. I will also pay for the shipping cost. 

There have been several of the RB-75 damaged in shipping. The drivers are too heavy / hang out too far for the structural integrity of the horns. The shipper needs to remove the magnets and ship them separately.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

There have been several of the RB-75 damaged in shipping. The drivers are too heavy / hang out too far for the structural integrity of the horns. The shipper needs to remove the magnets and ship them separately.

things. do they come from the factory? I think I got mine local, thus no issues.

29 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

things. do they come from the factory? I think I got mine local, thus no issues.

Not sure what might be different other than maybe the packing. There has been conversation about this.

Two people chimed in about it in this thread. I worried about it enough that I traveled to transport mine rather than having them shipped. 

5 hours ago, DCaIrvine said:

I’m 2,800 miles away. I wanted them. But shipping them, you have to take off the front plate, and take off the magnet from the horn. Because the weight of it will snap the neck. You have to ship it separate. I would drive for them if I was 12 hours away. 
but a day and half drive is to far. 

There will be more. Rather than saying that the driver "needs to remove..." I should have said 'it might be best...' As Travis pointed out, the RB-75 were shipped from the factory with the drivers attached. I just remembered that more than two members had their hearts broken when they received their speakers that got damaged, and there are no replacements.  
Good luck on your search.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DCaIrvine said:

I’m 2,800 miles away. I wanted them.

Also: You might make sure of the seller's packing abilities and get insurance for the transportation.
I bought an RC64 that got here damaged. I had a high amount of insurance through the carrier (UPS). They refused to pay with their typical shift of blame. I saved all of the packing materials and such; sent them lots of pictures and had several conversations and email exchanges. They kicked, screamed, rolled on the floor and held their breath, but they eventually paid.   

• Like 1