Who Here Has A 2 Track Reel To Reel Deck

jcmusic

I have 2 Ampex atr-700 decks. One is 2 track 7 1/2 and 15 ips, one 3 3/4 and 7 1/2 two track. Both have 4 track playback heads also. I also have 2 Pioneer RT- 1050 decks, which are 7 1/2, 15 ips two track. I have a 4 track head stack for it also. I listen to mostly classic rock. All my tapes are recordings I made myself.

About 2 years ago I bought this Sony TC-651 from a local gentleman who was beginning to downsize a bit.  It came with 53 BASF tapes with needle drops of classic rock form the 60's and 70's recorded at 3 3/4.  All tapes are numbered and documented in a 3 ring binder.  The guy said he was stationed in Okinawa during the Viet Nam war and has had them ever since.  I also got some tape splicing supplies and head cleaner.

The deck works and sounds great!  He placed an ad on CL on  Saturday night, it was very basic and just mentioned the deck and tapes, not much other info.  I called and made arraignments to go get it first thing Sunday morning.

I had no idea what was on the tapes until I returned home and started looking at the binder.  Its an amazing collection and they are all VG+ recordings.

Best $150.00 audio buy ever!

Tape Deck.jpg

Tapes.jpg

Tape Contents.jpg

• Like 2

On 7/8/2021 at 9:49 PM, Marvel said:

Those are nice decks, made by Tascam for Ampex.

The Teac A-7300 is the home version of that deck. No balanced in/outs and missing a couple other pro features. I'd like to find a mint unit some day.