Subwoofer question

MeloManiac

Others will know better but a tape out is usually not adjustable but has a fixed volume resp. voltage. I do not know the Leben so well but photos show no adjustable pre out. Maybe you can connect the sub to the tape out and adjust it via a remote control? But then you would have to adjust the volume whenever you change the volume on the amp.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KT88 said:

Others will know better but a tape out is usually not adjustable but has a fixed volume resp. voltage. I do not know the Leben so well but photos show no adjustable pre out. Maybe you can connect the sub to the tape out and adjust it via a remote control? But then you would have to adjust the volume whenever you change the volume on the amp.

That's the kind of thing I expect too. Not very useful to me then. Thanks for the input.

Perhaps you could "Y" off of the main output? Then the volume control would be in circuit. Then use the low pass filter on the sub to control the frequencies played by the sub.

Your mains would of course still be putting out those frequencies also as best they can.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, billybob said:

You certainly have bass boost selection. What speakers are you using with the Leben?

Thanks...

My 1972 Heresy speakers. They are fine, with plenty of low, enough for me, with the Leben boost in the middle. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, babadono said:

Perhaps you could "Y" off of the main output? Then the volume control would be in circuit. Then use the low pass filter on the sub to control the frequencies played by the sub.

Your mains would of course still be putting out those frequencies also as best they can.

Sorry but I have not seen a main output on the pics of this amp in the net, if you mean an output which is controlled by the volume pot.

6 hours ago, KT88 said:

Sorry but I have not seen a main output on the pics of this amp in the net, if you mean an output which is controlled by the volume pot.

No I'm the sorry one. Did not realize it is an integrated amp, thought it was a pre amp. If the sub does not have speaker level inputs my suggestion would only work with a custom voltage divider. Most are not willing to go that route.