WTB CD Player

jcmusic

If you don't mind used, the Denon 2900 was a fantastic player. Super high build quality and IIRC it will play SACDs and DVD-As and obviously CDs and DVDs. Out of all the CD/DVD players I had that 2900 of mine sounded the best. I sold mine to a forum member and I know he loved it too. They seem to be all over the place on ebay. Check actual sold items for a realistic price.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313&_nkw=denon+2900&_sacat=0

• Like 3

13 hours ago, rplace said:

If you don't mind used, the Denon 2900 was a fantastic player. Super high build quality and IIRC it will play SACDs and DVD-As and obviously CDs and DVDs. Out of all the CD/DVD players I had that 2900 of mine sounded the best. I sold mine to a forum member and I know he loved it too. They seem to be all over the place on ebay. Check actual sold items for a realistic price.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313&_nkw=denon+2900&_sacat=0

You won't regret getting one

• Like 1

I have a pro Marantz PMD-526C that I have sitting in the box. I used it for two weeks while my Emotiva CD player was repaired under warranty for a table motor. It's a very nice player and it sounded really good. Comes with remote and all accessories...like I said it is pretty much brand new. I could do $225 shipped to you unless you are in BFE.

Tim

The Denon 2900 is a fantastic choice I owned one myself as well as the bigger 5900.  That said my all time favorite CD Player for redbook and burned CD's has got to be the DBX DX5 since it has the ability to compress and expand using DAIR (Dynamic Audio Impact Recovery) and trim L +/- and R +/- using the Ambience.  These tools are very useful for poorly recorded CD's as well as the newer way oversaturated ones they make these days.  They can be had reasonably and have lots of nice usable features.  I also use a Nakamichi OMS-7AII which is smooth as silk but lacks the abilities of the DX5.

DBX DX5.jpg

• Like 3