Has anyone tried these TPA3255 monoblocks? Do you have an opinion?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/174490626722

I am looking for small (but good sounding) monoblocks to serve as my "movie" amps on my shared movie/music stereo system when I don't want to use my tube power amps.  Monoblocks are much easier to fit in my room with its current layout, and chip amps seemed like a logical fit for small size, sound quality, and low cost...these say "subwoofer" but have a full range switch on them.

Has anyone tried these or something similar?  My main speakers are two-way Cornscalas.

Thank you!

• Like 1

I have one. I only use it for a 4 Ohm subwoofer, so I can't comment about its sound quality except that the bass is quite good (as TPA3255 typically are).

It mixes the two input channels internally.

The "subwoofer" switch is worthless; it just switches-in a shunt capacitor and attenuates the signal by about 20 dB in the process. I use an external active crossover instead.

The power rating is ridiculous -- it's at 10% THD which is well into clipping. I've never pushed mine so I don't know what the actual power capability is.

Otherwise it's dead quiet, no turn-on or turn-off thumps, and the power supply runs warmer than the amplifier.

• Like 1