WANTED- Klipsch K-22 Woofer for Heresy I

dwillie

I'm thinking of parting out the single 1981 Heresy that was left over after using a single from a pair as a center speaker.  Embarrassingly I'm not sure which woofer it has but it's whatever came from the factory in 1981.

On 7/10/2021 at 8:39 PM, dwillie said:

I have an unrepairable K-22 in my vintage Heresy I that needs to be replaced.  If anyone has an extra single K-22 for sale (or a comparable Klipsch alternative), please contact me.  Thanks in advance. dwillie.  

there are a couple k-22  on Ebay , but they are in dire condition -

-I purchased  the K-28K --4 ohms woofer from klipsch Parts for my Heresy 1 , several years ago- the K28 is used in the Heresy III-- IV and the Forte III -IV  -

-any used Heresy II or Forte 1-2 woofer will also work in your Heresy 1 as an improvement over the k-22  with 0 modifications -

2 hours ago, 001 said:

there are a couple k-22  on Ebay , but they are in dire condition -

-I purchased  the K-28K --4 ohms woofer from klipsch Parts for my Heresy 1 , several years ago- the K28 is used in the Heresy III-- IV and the Forte III -IV  -

-any used Heresy II or Forte 1-2 woofer will also work in your Heresy 1 as an improvement over the k-22  with 0 modifications -

Thanks for the information on the K-28K, and I understand they work fairly well as a substitute.  Also I have been told by a few that the K-24 from the older Heresy II will  work well too. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PhilLar said:

In need of a cone kit for the K-22-EF if anyone knows of one,  Thank you!

Good luck in your search for a re-cone kit.  I would have pursued that road myself too but my speaker frame was damaged in a big way.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dwillie said:

Thanks for the information on the K-28K, and I understand they work fairly well as a substitute.  Also I have been told by a few that the K-24 from the older Heresy II will  work well too. 

correct , any Heresy 2-3-4  woofer works perfectly in a Heresy 1 ,  and on top , you get better bass versus a k22 -  

I see you located a k-22 , so you're all set 👍

On 7/10/2021 at 8:39 PM, dwillie said:

I have an unrepairable K-22 in my vintage Heresy I that needs to be replaced.  If anyone has an extra single K-22 for sale (or a comparable Klipsch alternative), please contact me.  Thanks in advance. dwillie.  

day late and dollar short.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dwillie said:

Thanks everyone for the suggestions and messages.  This is a great forum!  A fellow forum member has stepped forward and offered me a wonderful K-22 that will suit my needs perfectly.    Thanks, dwillie  

Your woofer is on its way.  🔊

• Like 2