RSW 15

Fish

Any help from the technical minded would be appreciated. I have a rsw15 that when unplugged for any longer length of time goes dead. I plug it in, nothing.no light. Then a day or so later, I get a light but no response. Then a day or three later I get some response but not full, maybe half. Then after another day or so full response, killer bass, works great. This is not a new development, been doing this a long time. I try to never move or unplug or same all over again. But as long as it's plugged in it works fine. I assume something is loading up and becomes operable but.....So, if you know or have a guess thanks. 

• Like 1

Wow. When was the RSW-15 discontinued? I'm not sure how long the amp in a powered sub is supposed to last but I purchased both our RSW-12 and RSW-15 in March of 2003 and they both are going strong! {Disclaimer: We had a lightening strike in 2009 that damaged the RSW-15s amp that we replaced}  Fwiw, I remember the RSW-15 and 12s having a good reputation and I think it's the next generations they've had problems with....Just sayin'.  All I know is it's going to be a sad day when mine stop working. Btw, isn't there an after-market dealer with the BASH amps/processor for the RSW series? 

16 hours ago, Zen Traveler said:Btw, isn't there an after-market dealer with the BASH amps/processor for the RSW series? 

I used a BASH 300 from Parts Express to repair an rw12d. Amp was the same(ish) just swapped amps from plates. 

• Like 1

On 7/12/2021 at 5:02 PM, babadono said:

And.....who did the servicing? Edward's Electronics on Ebay?

I assume I'll eventually use Edwards. I do have a nice 400 watt solid amp with many options of settings , 20hz  HP etc..I may try if needed.

On 7/12/2021 at 2:10 PM, Fish said:

Any help from the technical minded would be appreciated. I have a rsw15 that when unplugged for any longer length of time goes dead. I plug it in, nothing.no light. Then a day or so later, I get a light but no response. Then a day or three later I get some response but not full, maybe half. Then after another day or so full response, killer bass, works great. This is not a new development, been doing this a long time. I try to never move or unplug or same all over again. But as long as it's plugged in it works fine. I assume something is loading up and becomes operable but.....So, if you know or have a guess thanks. 

@ngen33r  can repair these amps & many other klipsch model subs.  cheaper than the bash 300 & retains klipsch specs & digital controls of the D models.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, CWOReilly said:

Well I can’t say I notice it sounding different than it’s twin, but I haven’t tried to measure them. 

just FYI:  the bash 300 amp has about 40 watts less power than the rw12d amp.