Forte IV and PrimLuna Dialogue HP

hizzieallen

I recently acquired a pair of cherry Heresy iii. A coworker relocated to Florida and said he didn’t have room for them. He sold them for an eighth of what they’re worth. Wasn’t even in the market. I just couldn’t pass the deal.  They sat for few weeks then I finally played them I was super impressed by what I heard. That got me thinking it was time to upgrade my current setup. So I sold my RF-7ii (it was a sad day. I loved those speakers). I demoed the Forte III and IV side by side. There was a LaScala demo too. But that was just to say I’d heard them in person. The demos were done with a McIntosh MA352. I was super impressed by both. I ultimately decided on the Forte IV. I’m no expert on speakers. So I don’t have any technical jargon. But the reworked midrange is definitely noticeable in a side by side demo. As much as I loved my RF7 and as good as I felt they sound. The Forte’s are just better. My PrimaLima brings them to life. As you can see from the pic. I built some stands to get them up off the floor and some vibration isolators from Amazon.  I don’t have any questions. Kinda new around here and just wanted to share my journey. 

3CA48C97-A72F-4A93-BDA7-C257065A1FF2.jpeg

Edited by hizzieallen
Left out something.
  • Like 6

31 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

I'm at he bottom of the Primaluna food chain but stepping up  soon to the EVO 400, which will be paired w/my LS. Just about ready to make the call.  :)

Welcome to the Forum and sit HARD on that gold card!  lol

You should love the evo 400. in the mornings I listen at very low volumes and the dynamic range is amazing. In the afternoon and evenings I crank the system fairly loud and it feels like the artists are right there in my living room. I have done some tube rolling with some KT150s and WOW!!!!!!. I totally love the setup with the Forte IVs and the deep and wide soundstage they create with the EVO 400.

Good luck with your Primaluna EVO!

• Thanks 1

@Fido  Oh I'm sure you're spot on w/the sound quality.  Btw, that pair of Heresy sound great w/those new bottoms.  Thanks again for those.  That EVO has to be killer so just gonna make the call.  Got a Dentist in my wallet right now.  hahaha  :)  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dave1291 said:

@Fido  Oh I'm sure you're spot on w/the sound quality.  Btw, that pair of Heresy sound great w/those new bottoms.  Thanks again for those.  That EVO has to be killer so just gonna make the call.  Got a Dentist in my wallet right now.  hahaha  :)  

Glad you are enjoying the those woofers! Awesome!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I’m relieved at reading these comments. I own 2 PrimaLuna Premium HP amps in dual mono and while I’m waiting for my Forte IVs in American Walnut to be delivered, read even more reviews and thought because of their ultra high sensitivity that I might hear buzzy noises that wouldn’t have been audible through my 91 Db GoldenEar Triton 2+s. After having plunked down 5 grand on these, the thought of my $8k amps not being up to the task flipped me out! Thank you for the question and comments!

Edited by SalR
Poor wording on the original post.
  • Like 2