Where Can I Go To Listen To Music Over The Radio?

lasoa

2 hours ago, Fish said:

Spotify , They even censor music just like real radio........

I heard Dire Straits "Money For Nothing" today and it said the other F word w/o censorship. I just listened again to be sure and sure 'nuff Mark said ****** several times. And to top it off I went and checked out Country Joe and The Fish's Fish cheer from Woodstock. yep they said it several times...in fact 3 or 4 hundred thousand people screamed it. So my experience is not like yours.

• Haha 2

Just now, geezin' said:

I heard Dire Straits "Money For Nothing" today and it said the other F word w/o censorship. I just listened again to be sure and sure 'nuff Mark said ****** several times. And to top it off I went and checked out Country Joe and The Fish's Fish cheer from Woodstock. yep they said it several times...in fact 3 or 4 hundred thousand people screamed it. So my experience is not like yours.

How ironic this website censored it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, geezin' said:

It's not an experience, they just don't allow music they don't like the message of.......Of course I don't know how much or what all they censor.I can't imagine they would censor Country Joe, he's like family. I just saw a great song on youtube a week or so ago and the guys said it was banned from Spotify. There was no bad language , just a bad message, in spotify eye. It was a rap song I usually would never hear but it just popped up and was actually not bad and pretty witty. So...not gonna effect 99.9%. I just think if it's available and don't call for damage' music should be uncensored....

On 7/14/2021 at 4:41 PM, Fish said:

Spotify , They even censor music just like real radio........

I know there are "radio versions" but none of the stuff I listen to is censored.  

I second Spotify for streaming services if your looking for one of those. 

On 7/14/2021 at 9:48 PM, Fish said:

It's not an experience, they just don't allow music they don't like the message of.......Of course I don't know how much or what all they censor.I can't imagine they would censor Country Joe, he's like family. I just saw a great song on youtube a week or so ago and the guys said it was banned from Spotify. There was no bad language , just a bad message, in spotify eye. It was a rap song I usually would never hear but it just popped up and was actually not bad and pretty witty. So...not gonna effect 99.9%. I just think if it's available and don't call for damage' music should be uncensored....

Or it could be terms that the record label wouldn't allow it.  There are Fear Factory and Type O Negative albums that aren't on there because of this.  Most of the stuff I hear on Spotify has messages from both sides and is allowed, especially RAP. 

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

Or it could be terms that the record label wouldn't allow it.  There are Fear Factory and Type O Negative albums that aren't on there because of this.  Most of the stuff I hear on Spotify has messages from both sides and is allowed, especially RAP. 

Nope not the label. The thing is , if something is censored and you never get a chance to hear it because some ELSE thinks you may not be smart enough to decide what you like ? I call that censorship and don't support that with my ears or dollars, just me. I know many people love censorship, odd but it's a thing.Things I would censor appear on kids tv.... If it's free censor away, if I pay ?? There is lots of free, ad free internet radio that's better than any radio I grew up with. So, they prolly censor some, but it's free. The type of music being the only limitation of free online. For classic rock, that's Radio Shadow Deep Tracks. If the OP was asking about online radio ??

• Like 1