May I ask some of you Midwestern Guys about DLK’s

scallywagger77

I have a pair of DLK3’s with no woofers that I need help with.  I researched these a little and found out they were quite popular in and around Minnesota so can somebody help me decide whether to find woofers and maybe replace caps or offer them for sale.  
Anybody that Is a DLK fan will appreciate the condition of these cabinets so forgive me for talking non klipsch stuff and thanks in advance for helpful advice.

Larry

The only info that I could find hinted that DLK used "Omega 12 in woofers" (http://www.audioreview.com/product/speakers/floorstanding-speakers/dlk-acoustial-products/model-3.html).

This ad purports to offer a good replacement woofer, but without T/S parameters and box tuning info there's no way to verify: https://www.ebay.com/itm/152757599103. The driver that they picture looks very much like the Philips AD12240W8 that I have on hand.

• Like 1

Nah...you don't need that info. Just take a chance and throw some new components in there and it'll be better.

It works with Klipsch......[emoji39]

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

DLK and Omega were trade names of Don Kliewer who built them as house-brand speakers for Schaak Electronics in Mpls/St.Paul MN.

Midwest Speaker Repair in Roseville, MN can help you with these - talk to the owner Joe at 651-645-7174.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HiFi Heaven said:

Midwest Speaker Repair in Roseville, MN can help you with these - talk to the owner Joe at 651-645-7174.

That lends credence to the ad that I found on ebay.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Feel free to join the DLK Fan Page on FB, several members / experts were employed by DLK and are quite familiar with the manufacturing and the components.

The woofers were generally custom made by DLK using frames from manufacturers. The voice coils were designed by Don, and in some cases manufactured by hand by DLK.

Don, was known for designing X-Overs for many of the speakers of the day

Oh and I would be interested in whole sets and/or parts for DLK's

Thanks

Mike