Vintage Klipsch la scala

Ocalaman

22 hours ago, Ocalaman said:

I need help to identify the serial number and any info about them I see similar sold for around 2500.00 on ebay whats a good starting price any info is much appreciated I'm looking to sell them and need help from you pros 

Thanks 

Screenshot_20210719-193432_OfferUp.jpg

IMG_1648.jpg

Welcome to the forum!

Here's your info:  These are La Scala's made in a raw Birch finish in 1983.  32Y432.  The Y tells you the year of manufacture.  The BR code means they shipped with no color nor finish applied to the veneer.

They might be a tough sell at a premium price, due to the front panels not matching.  To make them match would be a project where you would have to tear them down, strip, re-color, and refinish the cabinets to match each other.

As they sit, and if all drivers are working correctly, you might get $1,500 or somewhere in that ballpark based on recent sales that I myself have seen.  The value also depends on your location.  If you are in Germany, I would say that they would go for more.  They will sell for more if you are in San Francisco, LA, New York, or Miami.  If you are 100 miles from civilization, they will probably not go as high...  If your user name is accurate, and you live in Ocala, FL they will probably sell for $1,300 to $1,400.

If you have any more questions, please let us know

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yes, post factory stain and finish applied.  Not a bad thing, but the lighting of the photo might have something to do with the pair not looking close, at least in the HF region.  Lots more (good) photos of all surfaces will be needed, as well as a description of the drivers and crossovers.  I think previously given estimates are premature at this point, but perhaps not all that far off....we'll see.

• Like 1

On 7/20/2021 at 5:43 PM, Oicu812 said:

Welcome to the forum!

Here's your info:  These are La Scala's made in a raw Birch finish in 1983.  32Y432.  The Y tells you the year of manufacture.  The BR code means they shipped with no color nor finish applied to the veneer.

They might be a tough sell at a premium price, due to the front panels not matching.  To make them match would be a project where you would have to tear them down, strip, re-color, and refinish the cabinets to match each other.

As they sit, and if all drivers are working correctly, you might get $1,500 or somewhere in that ballpark based on recent sales that I myself have seen.  The value also depends on your location.  If you are in Germany, I would say that they would go for more.  They will sell for more if you are in San Francisco, LA, New York, or Miami.  If you are 100 miles from civilization, they will probably not go as high...  If your user name is accurate, and you live in Ocala, FL they will probably sell for $1,300 to $1,400.

okay thank you for all of the information it is much appreciated I did not know where to start so I put them on ebay for a starting bid of 2k the front matches better in person and I tested them they seem to work great 

klipsch la scala speakers NO RESERVE!!!! | eBay

Edited by Ocalaman

On 7/20/2021 at 5:43 PM, Oicu812 said:

Welcome to the forum!

If I refinished them and fixed every scratch I can about how much do you think they would go for?

18 minutes ago, willland said:

No bein a butthead, but one question, did you think to wipe/dust them before posting photos.  I see this way too often in for sale ads.

Bill

2nd Butthead   ,  cleaning and Dusting , polishing the finish with Wax  or Pledge is VIP

• Like 1

The selling price of LaScala's has increased of late members. Just checked Ebay for price of some that have sold recently and was surprised myself. https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=klipsch+la+scala&_sacat=0&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

I would clean them up some and apply some furniture polish and replace those pictures though. Maybe the price of new ones increasing so much has increased the value of our old ones more then the normal going price of around $1500 we are use to seeing old ones selling for. 

• Like 1

Basically, expect higher numbers when looking at ebay, keeping in mind that in some cases, number and price unknown, we do not always know what an item actually sells for.

Some buyers are looking for LaScala they can use or test, learn refurbishing skills on. As is, these look more like one may expect to see in a garage or man cave.

No offense, just saying.

Thanks!

• Like 1

I lightly wiped them down I didn't know if its best for people to see them like they are I didn't want to feel like I was trying to be deceitful or anything. good advise from everyone I thanks for the reply's since they are already on ebay I will probably just let it ride out until auction is done then mess with them more. any suggestions on what kind of furniture polish to use or not to use? any cleaning tips?

7 minutes ago, Amphicar said:

I believe it depends on the item, but over the past few months of sales, my fees were around 34%.

I just contacted ebay they take out only 12.55%. you had me scared at 34% lol I didn't even think about that either before posting them I haven't really sold on ebay anything worth as much as the speakers 

Edited by Ocalaman

Man you guys are awesome the wealth of knowledge on these speakers is almost overwhelming lol  I definitely regret posting them on ebey before talking to you wonderful people I'm going to just let this auction ride then for sure do the things suggested  thanks so much for your time and help

2 hours ago, Ocalaman said:

I lightly wiped them down I didn't know if its best for people to see them like they are I didn't want to feel like I was trying to be deceitful or anything. good advise from everyone I thanks for the reply's since they are already on ebay I will probably just let it ride out until auction is done then mess with them more. any suggestions on what kind of furniture polish to use or not to use? any cleaning tips?

Just dust them off thoroughly, every nook and cranny, and re examine them. If some type of polish is needed for that nice sheen, apply lightly. 

Bill

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Ocalaman said:

Man you guys are awesome the wealth of knowledge on these speakers is almost overwhelming lol  I definitely regret posting them on ebey before talking to you wonderful people I'm going to just let this auction ride then for sure do the things suggested  thanks so much for your time and help

Pull the ad if allowed and do what you need to do.  Then repost an ad.

Bill

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ocalaman said:

I just contacted ebay they take out only 12.55%. you had me scared at 34% lol I didn't even think about that either before posting them I haven't really sold on ebay anything worth as much as the speakers 

Good deal, glad you checked.  Different categories are different fees, and I believe the 34% was after being all said and done with fees, shipping, etc.  I recommend pulling the ad until you have them looking as good as they can be if you want top dollar, whatever that is today.  

• Like 1