Vintage Klipsch la scala

Ocalaman

On 7/20/2021 at 8:27 PM, jimjimbo said:

Yes, post factory stain and finish applied.  Not a bad thing, but the lighting of the photo might have something to do with the pair not looking close, at least in the HF region.  Lots more (good) photos of all surfaces will be needed, as well as a description of the drivers and crossovers.  I think previously given estimates are premature at this point, but perhaps not all that far off....we'll see.

I got 1400 (without ebay fees) and he was very happy I was offered 1700 a once and 1800 but you know how people are and don't fallow through so when he showed up with cash it was his better then sitting around my house 

• 6 months later...

I am going through my father's estate and he has a pair of what look like vintage Klipsch La Scala speakers.  I know they were purchased in the late 80's, early 90's (I have tried to find a way to post a picture and will continue to do so)...aside from some dust, they look to be in very good condition.  Where would I go to fund a buyer and how much should I be asking for them?

• Like 2

@LDickersonLPC -- welcome to the forum! the way for the forum to be most helpful would be to provide a few more pics and a pic of the label on the back (the serial number has the year made in it).  price varies widely on condition -- some of the experts here will know better than me, but i'd guess the range would be $1500-2000 for the pair..  because they're heavy, large, and expensive to ship, you will most likely need to sell them locally -- craigslist is the best because of its reach.  klipsch fans scour craigslist -- with good pics and a reasonable price they'll sell.  also post them in the garage sale section here -- not as many people, but certainly all klipsch fans.

where are you located?

• Like 3

On 1/29/2022 at 3:38 PM, LDickersonLPC said:

I am going through my father's estate and he has a pair of what look like vintage Klipsch La Scala speakers.  I know they were purchased in the late 80's, early 90's (I have tried to find a way to post a picture and will continue to do so)...aside from some dust, they look to be in very good condition.  Where would I go to fund a buyer and how much should I be asking for them?

They aren’t worth anything. Might as well give them to me and I’ll properly dispose of them. Just kidding. That’s a nice looking La Scala. I love the spider crawling out of it. That’s almost no joke since my pair literally had spiders living in them before I got them. 
On a serious note, don’t try to ship them. I paid too much for mine a few years ago and had them shipped. Big mistake. They got damaged and I had to fix it. No sending them back. You could try offer up, Craigslist, or eBay with local pickup only. I’ve seen cases where people drove a hundred miles or more. For price, I’d think somewhere between $2k-3k. It’s hard to tell anymore because prices are getting crazy for vintage audio. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 1/29/2022 at 5:38 PM, LDickersonLPC said:

I sold mine on ebay worked out great