Klipsch Kleaning - 1976 Cornwalls

MacWorks

4 hours ago, MacWorks said:

Thank you @Dave A Is there a danger in using a very strong velco and running the risk of bending the grill board?

Well I doubt it but you don't need strong to hold a grille on. Don't complicate this as it is simple. No paint on grille, just glue away. No fancy velcro and no specific laid out placement as each grille will stay with the speaker it was mounted on. You color the wood base where the veneer has been damaged that is exactly what it will look like and if that does not matter to you all is well. For future resale people will beat you up over it.

3 hours ago, MacWorks said:

Thanks @randyh ProTips!

I purchased a pint of Duratex and it came with a small roller. A light application should not effect value of the Cornwall's ...right?

nope ,  here is a Cornwall IV with textured paint on the motorboard ,  a light , even coat  -

the grille uses tiny NEO magnets , bye bye velcro -

https://d2um2qdswy1tb0.cloudfront.net/product-images/Klipsch_Cornwall_IV_in-acorner.jpg?mtime=20191204103505&focal=none

So I must say the the Watco Furniture Rejuvinator did a nice job on the motor board and I don't need any Duratex ( but good to know about).

The Pics do not capture it but it looks like someone tried to wipe the bottom of the woofer on the left speaker. Is there anything that would be advised for care on these woofers?

left2.jpg

left1.jpg

right1.jpg

20 hours ago, MacWorks said:

The Pics do not capture it but it looks like someone tried to wipe the bottom of the woofer on the left speaker. Is there anything that would be advised for care on these woofers?

Speaker cement dries like that and I have used it before for minor tears, like cats clawing, on the accordion surround. I also see  the dust cap gone so there are indications it has been repaired. Can't hide a shredded dust cap but you can remove it.