Comparison of old RF-35 series and RP-6000F or R-820F

Erman

Dear Friends and Experienced Klipsch users;

I am from Istanbul Turkey, new on this forum and need your comments very much. ı am not a professional but a music lover. Also i have a Pioneer RX2 DJ setup and recording some amateur DJ sets. I have a quite big range in music taste like house- electro house-deep house music, rock music (Tool, Alice in Chains, Deep Purple) and ethnic musics which mostly includes african rythmes. So it means both bass and mids are needed. and i also have a plan to use these speakers while watching a movie.

Right now i have two options here to buy.

1) Used 2 pieces RF-35 and a Harman Kardon HK-970 amplifier for 900usd.

2) brand new RP-6000F or R-820F for 730usd and a new amplifier. ıt will be like 1100 usd i guess

my question is would you prefer to buy RP-6000F or R-820F, instead of 15 years old RF-35? as i know RF-35 is mde in usa and these new ones are from china. but still it is 15 years old and technologjy is changed a lot.

can you please share your comments? thanks in advance.

On 7/22/2021 at 3:48 PM, Erman said:

my question is would you prefer to buy RP-6000F or R-820F, instead of 15 years old RF-35? as i know RF-35 is mde in usa and these new ones are from china. but still it is 15 years old and technologjy is changed a lot.

The RF-35 was not made in the USA.  They were made in China as Bill mentiond.

As for technology...I mean...yes and no.  It hasn't changed quite as much as you probably are thinking.  Speakers aren't AVR's.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...