vintage klipsch la scala

Ocalaman

Get some Boiled Linseed Oil, or Murphys  soap, or even some lite Old english oil and wipe down all the wood surfaces to clean them up. making sure the top of the one will actually come clean, and the lines on them will come off. You can not hurt the wood or the finish by cleaning them with the above. That way you are not assuming they will cleanup. If the one top is water stains (which is what the pictures make it look like) you will have a hard time selling them for 2K. Cleaning them up will take away all doubt for you and potential buyers.

To Check that all drivers are actually working get a paper towel or toilet paper cardboard tube (The inner tube of either) play the speakers, hold the tube to your ear and then up to each drivers horn individually. you will know immediately if all the drivers are indeed working as intended

Also your add mentions a Buy it Now but you do not actually offer one.

Good Luck with your sale

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, joessportster said:

Get some Boiled Linseed Oil, or Murphys  soap, or even some lite Old english oil and wipe down all the wood surfaces to clean them up. making sure the top of the one will actually come clean, and the lines on them will come off. You can not hurt the wood or the finish by cleaning them with the above. That way you are not assuming they will cleanup. If the one top is water stains (which is what the pictures make it look like) you will have a hard time selling them for 2K. Cleaning them up will take away all doubt for you and potential buyers.

To Check that all drivers are actually working get a paper towel or toilet paper cardboard tube (The inner tube of either) play the speakers, hold the tube to your ear and then up to each drivers horn individually. you will know immediately if all the drivers are indeed working as intended

Also your add mentions a Buy it Now but you do not actually offer one.

Good Luck with your sale

nice thank you for the help I didn't want to mess anything up as far as collectors go I know some stuff like coins are easy to clean but its a big no no so I figured best to leave them for now until I do my homework lol 

With no reserve there still has to be a starting point. Instead of the starting bid of 1 penny I set to to where I want then it sells for NO RESERVE after that or I can set it to be a starting bid for 2k then a reserve for 20k and if the reserve is not met it doesn't sell

With no reserve there still has to be a starting point. Instead of the starting bid of 1 penny I set to to where I want then it sells for NO RESERVE after that or I can set it to be a starting bid for 2k then a reserve for 20k and if the reserve is not met it doesn't sell

Ill try and change it if they don't sell I need to clean them and I will  put them back for a higher buy it now price to avoid the confusions I guess 

6 minutes ago, Ocalaman said:

Ill try and change it if they don't sell I need to clean them and I will  put them back for a higher buy it now price to avoid the confusions I guess 

GLWTS  --the last pair sold for 2699$  , so you 're under that by 700$  -

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, RandyH said:

GLWTS  --the last pair sold for 2699$  , so you 're under that by 700$  -

thanks I appreciate  it even if I have to sit on them for a while or keep them my wife is not like some and lets me do my thing and I let her do hers lol  

5 hours ago, mungkiman said:

Otherwise known as a "reserve."

GLWS

It's more so to weed out the cheap people! what's the big deal if the starting bid is a penny or 300k on my auction and no reserve either way it doesn't have a reserve.. If the first bid was a penny would that still be a reserve since someone has to bid on it first? I guess I'm lost why my auction your so concerned about are you thinking of bidding? If so send me your ebay name and I will send you a private offer. If your just concerned with my ebay auction and trying to ruin someone's day or just bored please move on ty.... There will be stuff you read on the internet that you don't like read it and move on... Good day to you and best of luck 

Edited by Ocalaman

5 hours ago, mungkiman said:

Otherwise known as a "reserve."

GLWS

so how do people bid on something if there is no starting point? One penny or 1 million someone has to bid first but then there can be a RESERVE AFTER THAT OR NONE TY!!!!! 

3 hours ago, Ocalaman said:

so how do people bid on something if there is no starting point? One penny or 1 million someone has to bid first but then there can be a RESERVE AFTER THAT OR NONE TY!!!!! 

In my humble opinion and according to my half century plus of buying and selling, I offer this:

An auction starting at 1¢ will give you the actual value on your speakers!

They are worth what someone will pay at that time and place, and nothing more.  BUT:

If you start your auction at 1¢ with no reserve, people will start competing with each other for your item.  It becomes a battle and people are invested in the outcome.  They will most likely not go for any less than $1,400, and if the bidding gets "heated", they could go for more than that (but this is unlikely due to perceived condition issues).  As things currently stand, people will not get into a bidding war when you start at a price they would not be willing to pay for these speakers.  I've seen dozens of speakers be on Craigslist constantly, for a year or more with no buyers sniffing around.  I've watched this guy in my town try to sell a KV3 center speaker for over a year (he must have thought he struck it rich!).  He started at $200 (somewhere near there), and has dropped the price periodically ever since.  He's down to $50 and still is not getting any takers.  Klipsch KV3 Center Channel Speaker - electronics - by owner - sale (craigslist.org)  I have alerts set up for Klipsch on this same local Craigslist (Ocala), and I get an email almost daily alerting on this speaker.  People get used to seeing and ignoring that ad over time.  I know I have.  I also watched a pair of black La Scala in Ocala take a couple of years to sell on OfferUp.  This guy was asking $800 for the pair, and they were not too much worse that yours other than a couple of big dings.  They finally did sell about 3 months ago.  

Your pictures make the speakers look beat up and very dirty.  If you do nothing more than giving them a good scrubbing with the above mentioned products (even a quick rubdown with Old English Dark will clean them up and darken the areas where there are chips in the veneer!), they will look somewhat glossy again and the overall impression of being so dirty will evaporate somewhat. 

They're not in a condition where I could drop them straight into my living room.  The wife aggro alone would not allow me to use them straight away  (known as WAF around here, the Wife Acceptance Factor).  A lot of buyers will be feeling the same.  This puts your speakers into the "restoration project" category, and La Scala projects do not sell for 2 grand.

You can take my advice or totally dismiss me, but these facts will still remain an issue that will limit your sale.  Once you get them to be extremely appealing in your pictures, you might have a chance to sell them for your desired price of $2K.  

Good luck.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Oicu812 said:

In my humble opinion and according to my half century plus of buying and selling, I offer this:

They are worth what someone will pay at that time and place, and nothing more.  BUT:

If you start your auction at 1¢ with no reserve, people will start competing with each other for your item.  It becomes a battle and people are invested in the outcome.  They will most likely not go for any less than $1,400, and if the bidding gets "heated", they could go for more than that (but this is unlikely due to perceived condition issues).  As things currently stand, people will not get into a bidding war when you start at a price they would not be willing to pay for these speakers.  I've seen dozens of speakers be on Craigslist constantly, for a year or more with no buyers sniffing around.  I've watched this guy in my town try to sell a KV3 center speaker for over a year (he must have thought he struck it rich!).  He started at $200 (somewhere near there), and has dropped the price periodically ever since.  He's down to $50 and still is not getting any takers.  Klipsch KV3 Center Channel Speaker - electronics - by owner - sale (craigslist.org)  I have alerts set up for Klipsch on this same local Craigslist (Ocala), and I get an email almost daily alerting on this speaker.  People get used to seeing and ignoring that ad over time.  I know I have.  I also watched a pair of black La Scala in Ocala take a couple of years to sell on OfferUp.  This guy was asking $800 for the pair, and they were not too much worse that yours other than a couple of big dings.  They finally did sell about 3 months ago.  

Your pictures make the speakers look beat up and very dirty.  If you do nothing more than giving them a good scrubbing with the above mentioned products (even a quick rubdown with Old English Dark will clean them up and darken the areas where there are chips in the veneer!), they will look somewhat glossy again and the overall impression of being so dirty will evaporate somewhat. 

They're not in a condition where I could drop them straight into my living room.  The wife aggro alone would not allow me to use them straight away  (known as WAF around here, the Wife Acceptance Factor).  A lot of buyers will be feeling the same.  This puts your speakers into the "restoration project" category, and La Scala projects do not sell for 2 grand.

You can take my advice or totally dismiss me, but these facts will still remain an issue that will limit your sale.  Once you get them to be extremely appealing in your pictures, you might have a chance to sell them for your desired price of $2K.  

Good luck.

Excellent advise, all of it!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Oicu812 said:

Good luck.

thanks for the advice I didn't want to polish them and seem like I'm trying to hide anything I don't want that on me lol maybe I'll polish them and take really good photos of the few spots that wont come out easy instead thanks. I'm tempted to take them apart and trashing the wood because of the size of the wood and selling the parts since it all seems to work great and then I just don't have to deal with it 

1 hour ago, Ocalaman said:

thanks for the advice I didn't want to polish them and seem like I'm trying to hide anything I don't want that on me lol maybe I'll polish them and take really good photos of the few spots that wont come out easy instead thanks. I'm tempted to take them apart and trashing the wood because of the size of the wood and selling the parts since it all seems to work great and then I just don't have to deal with it 

Please don't trash the wood.  I myself am willing to take on a wood project, since my parents have had an antique shop for the last 35 years.  I've been doing most of their restoration work during that time.