vintage klipsch la scala

Ocalaman

Just now, iaRIVR said:

A starting price is a reserve. A starting price + an actual reserve is a 'double reserve' in the auction business.

No need to look that up, it's a thing.

Good to know I didn't know lol I hope I never have to mess with it again personally. A few people just say stuff or ask 100 questions on ebay when they know they aren't gonna buy them. I don't mind on here because I reached out for help and I appreciate the knowledge from yall but one person sent me some messages saying they live in California and wanted pictures so I sent pictures thinking maybe they have a home in Florida after probably 10 times going back and forth they say they can't pick them up and if I would take $300 and mentioned before they sent ALL $300 LMAO if I would take them in after I package them and see how much shipping would be for them... crazy

It would be funny I'm gonna have my roof replaced and they have to tear out a section and replace the plywood and also the rafters so there will be a big whole in there i should pay the roofers a couple bucks to put the speakers in the attic and make the new owners wonder how it got in there lol 

13 minutes ago, Ocalaman said:

It would be funny I'm gonna have my roof replaced and they have to tear out a section and replace the plywood and also the rafters so there will be a big whole in there i should pay the roofers a couple bucks to put the speakers in the attic and make the new owners wonder how it got in there lol 

and no before I start getting messages about that it was just a joke but wouldn't that puzzle the new owners of the house lol

13 hours ago, Ocalaman said:

It's more so to weed out the cheap people! what's the big deal if the starting bid is a penny or 300k on my auction and no reserve either way it doesn't have a reserve.. If the first bid was a penny would that still be a reserve since someone has to bid on it first? I guess I'm lost why my auction your so concerned about are you thinking of bidding? If so send me your ebay name and I will send you a private offer. If your just concerned with my ebay auction and trying to ruin someone's day or just bored please move on ty.... There will be stuff you read on the internet that you don't like read it and move on... Good day to you and best of luck 

Sir:

I do not think dese guys are out to bust yer chops, it’s some of us are a bit pedantic. I’ll not be bidding because 
                -I live in Phoenix and the shipping would hurt

-I already have a pair. Of la Scala.

• Like 1

@Ocalaman

FWIW, in my opinion, eBay “auctions” are more like a silent auction than a true auction.  I agree that a starting price has the effect of establishing a base reserve, and “NO RESERVE” accurately describes that anything greater than the opening bid will win the auction.

Perhaps a lower opening bid at the minimum you would accept without a subsequent reserve would generate more interest and result in a bidding war to your advantage.

GLWS

• Like 1