Good, affordable interconnects and power cords for a ~20' run between preamp and amps?

Hello all.

Due to my room layout and other logistical concerns, I likely need about 20' interconnects (single ended) between my preamp and my amps.

I know there can be negative impacts on the sound with interconnect runs this length...what cables would you recommend? In the past, I have used BJC subwoofer interconnects.  Is there a better (but also affordable) option?  Is there some other solution I am missing?

Also, for reasons of avoiding ground loop hum, I need equally long (~20') power cables for my amps to plug into the same power conditioner the rest of my gear is plugged into...any suggestions there?  I presume shielding would be important, what else?

Thank you for the help!

Given good quality low capacitance cable the only factor that matters in unbalanced cables is the resistance of the shield. The lower the resistance the better.

I would think these made with dual shielded RG6 would be low shield resistance

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=38085

These cables are somewhat stiff. If you need super flexible don't go with these.

That said 20' unbalanced cables are asking for trouble IMHO.

I use these....can't be beat IMHO

20 ft is the accepted limit but these are made of quad mic cable so that's not the case. 

Extremely flexible and great quality connectors/

I use Gotham Quad and Gepco....great cable with minimal coloration.

and they are CHEAP in price.

https://www.amazon.com/Foot-RCA-Cable-Pair-Interconnect/dp/B08SJ1TY9C/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=worlds+best+cables+rca+20+foot&qid=1627062838&s=electronics&sr=1-4

5 minutes ago, Fast996 said:

Not really....this is the cable they use to make all the recording people listen to.

Doesn't matter. Every cable will sound different in every system. Cables will sound different depending on what they are connected to. There are too many variables to proclaim one cable "best" for every application. I'm glad you found what works for you. I like my cable selections as well, but won't fool myself into thinking there isn't something better out there, cause there is.

41 minutes ago, Fast996 said:

I use these....can't be beat IMHO

20 ft is the accepted limit but these are made of quad mic cable so that's not the case. 

Extremely flexible and great quality connectors/

I use Gotham Quad and Gepco....great cable with minimal coloration.

and they are CHEAP in price.

https://www.amazon.com/Foot-RCA-Cable-Pair-Interconnect/dp/B08SJ1TY9C/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=worlds+best+cables+rca+20+foot&qid=1627062838&s=electronics&sr=1-4

Looks to be very high quality...but I would still tie the shields at both ends to give the lowest possible resistance of the "ground" connections. I would at least try it with the shield tied at both ends. See if detracts from the perceived signal. I doubt it.

40 minutes ago, Shakeydeal said:

Doesn't matter. Every cable will sound different in every system. Cables will sound different depending on what they are connected to. There are too many variables to proclaim one cable "best" for every application. I'm glad you found what works for you. I like my cable selections as well, but won't fool myself into thinking there isn't something better out there, cause there is.

I got off the audiophile cable wagon a long time ago. Back in 1990 I purchased cables from Walter Fields of NBS. I found out about shielded cable induced noise (SCIN) and all cables depending on how they are constructed will either add detract or be neutral somewhat.

I use these with my NBS and they work well.and stand alone also.

I'm talking about the brand and partially about the construction.

Belden purchased Gepco. There is Mogami and Gottham. All pro cables are terminated in balanced configurations. Home audio are unbalanced and balanced. We both know that..don't we.

15 minutes ago, Fast996 said:

I'm talking about the brand and partially about the construction.

Belden purchased Gepco. There is Mogami and Gottham. All pro cables are terminated in balanced configurations. Home audio are unbalanced and balanced. We both know that..don't we.

Ok I'll give you that but does @Chiliarches ?

Peace.

• Like 1

One thing I ain’t gonna do is get involved or give opinion on cables, off any type. However it appears WBC use Mogami and Canare wire, 

both considered high quality. And if these cables are actually made/assembled in Switzerland than they’re a steal. Swiss assembly vs. made in China is a tremendous cost difference. 

• Like 2

I run a Belden rg6 cable over 20' no problem it's more flexible than other industriallike rg6. If I felt the need to do better and since I have the ability to go xlr, I would go with Mogami mic cable. I believe any of those 2 you will be fine.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 7/23/2021 at 12:50 PM, babadono said:

That said 20' unbalanced cables are asking for trouble IMHO.

ditto

DITTO

and DITTO

@Chiliarches, I think you are in the US? There are some good custom cable makers in Canada, a company in Ontario named Take Five Audio and a person on Canada Audio Mart... no affiliation with either, they both get very high ratings.  I’m sure there would be equivalent on US Audio Mart?