Waht is PWK Thinking?

artto

(speeling entended) 🙃

It's "fill-in the blanks" question. Found this on the soundstagehifi forum. A picture of PWK meeting Dave Wilson & wife (Wilson Audio). Looks to be from an audio show around the time the "original" Klipsch Jubilee was introduced.

What do YOU think PWK was thinking?

Wilsons and Paul Klipsch

• Like 1

Dave Wilson is holding a Klipsch brochure.

PWK is thinking,

“Doesn’t this guy get it?  If you want a ‘best-buddy’ discount on a pair of Jubilees, you need to actually be my best buddy!”

• Haha 1

On 7/24/2021 at 4:20 PM, artto said:

(speeling entended) 🙃

It's "fill-in the blanks" question. Found this on the soundstagehifi forum. A picture of PWK meeting Dave Wilson & wife (Wilson Audio). Looks to be from an audio show around the time the "original" Klipsch Jubilee was introduced.

What do YOU think PWK was thinking?

Wilsons and Paul Klipsch

He is thinking 'Why do they want $50 to giver my white paper back.'

To the Wilson bashers, if you have ever heard them set up properly, Wilson has accomplished something impressive with low distortion. It is almost eerie how they sound.  I would not buy them, but they do accomplish a unique sound with so much distortion gone that you didn't even realize was there. 

On 7/24/2021 at 6:20 PM, artto said:

Looks to be from an audio show around the time the "original" Klipsch Jubilee was introduced.

50th anniversary of the K-horn at CES.  yeah that's the first jubilee.  bottom of the page here:

https://www.kenkessler.com/hi-fi/natural-born-kessler-1-2/

• Moderators

I will tell you exactly what he said. Mr. Wilson shared with Paul Klipsch how he got the speaker design and building bug. He told PWK that when he was 14 (the late 50s) he was woken up by the sound of Christmas carolers. He looked outside but there were no carolers. His neighbor played a prank on him and set up a Klipschorn to play the Christmas carolers. He wanted to get that kind of accuracy from a speaker.

Mr. Wilson (RIP) wanted to tell that story to PWK personally, and he did. The wait to meet Paul was said to be 30 minutes to an hour.

He and his wife were paying their respects to a man who inspired young Mr. Wilson.

There are numerous parallels with PWK and Mr. Wilson, one of which was it was a second career, later in life, after a career in pharmaceutical research for Pfizer in IL, and then Cutter in Northern CA. 

At this same event Mr. and Mrs. Meyer of Meyer Sound also shared their story with PWK about how the Klipschorn was a pivotal role in their first date, and eventual marriage.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/27/2021 at 12:21 PM, tigerwoodKhorns said:

To the Wilson bashers, if you have ever heard them set up properly, Wilson has accomplished something impressive with low distortion. It is almost eerie how they sound.  I would not buy them, but they do accomplish a unique sound with so much distortion gone that you didn't even realize was there. 

Price no object. I heard a 1.3 million dollar system from his Widow and Son's Demo a few years back. The sounded fabulous. Dynamic and 3 dimensional with the subs, of course.