KPT-904 Build

Amphicar

• 6 months later...

Hi all

Some great info here!!

I have recently purchased some K-45 drivers and would like to do a 904 clone cabinet as well!

Is anyone able to provide a measurement for the port diameter and length as measured off an original KPT-904-LF? ( MM if possible please )

The rest of the dimensions are already available from spec

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Knight2001DTS
Typo

On 2/23/2022 at 9:28 AM, Knight2001DTS said:

Hi all

Some great info here!!

I have recently purchased some K-45 drivers and would like to do a 904 clone cabinet as well!

Is anyone able to provide a measurement for the port diameter and length as measured off an original KPT-904-LF? ( MM if possible please )

The rest of the dimensions are already available from spec

Thanks in advance!

I recently acquired a pair 904's and 456's.  The port opening is 4" and depth is 3.75".

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Homatose, 

Are you able to provide some further measurements to assist with placement of the drivers and ports please?

Measurements such as the distance to centre of the drivers from top and bottom of the front baffle, and spacing of the ports from left to right etc?

Is there any internal bracing?  If so, is it possible to take a photo inside the box to share here?

This will help produce an accurate box :)

I got delivery of my 4" ports today - getting excited about this build!

Thanks again! 

Hi guys....

These are the measurements I need to make an accurate clone of the box.....spacing of ports and drivers (A - F) taken from the edge of the baffle, not the edge of the box 

A - centre of top driver to edge of baffle

B - distance between centre of drivers

C - distance between centre of ports (I have assumed all will be equal spacing)

D - centre of bottom driver to edge of baffle

E - centre of port to edge of baffle (vertical)

F - centre of port to edge of baffle (horizontal)

I am not sure if these measurements will be nice round numbers in inches, so if it easier to give measurements in mm, that's fine too.

These boxes are not so common here in Australia.

Thanks heaps for your assistance! 

Screen Shot 2022-03-18 at 1.26.08 pm.png

13 hours ago, Knight2001DTS said:

Hi guys....

These are the measurements I need to make an accurate clone of the box.....spacing of ports and drivers (A - F) taken from the edge of the baffle, not the edge of the box 

A - centre of top driver to edge of baffle

B - distance between centre of drivers

C - distance between centre of ports (I have assumed all will be equal spacing)

D - centre of bottom driver to edge of baffle

E - centre of port to edge of baffle (vertical)

F - centre of port to edge of baffle (horizontal)

I am not sure if these measurements will be nice round numbers in inches, so if it easier to give measurements in mm, that's fine too.

These boxes are not so common here in Australia.

Thanks heaps for your assistance! 

Screen Shot 2022-03-18 at 1.26.08 pm.png

Great image, clear instructions, Ill get you some measurements asap.  

• Like 1

Hi Knight,

Here are the measurements (in inches) that I took this evening.  If another member (i.e. Amphicar) could confirm you should be all set.  I tried to be precise when it came to edge to edge, though center of dust cap/port to edge measurement is a little tricky.  Note, these cabinets use some really thick birch!

A. 9.5"

B. 16"

C. 6.25"

D. 14.5"

E. 4.25"

F. 4"

• Like 1

Awesome thankyou!! :)

These will help a LOT

Hopefully similar measurements from Amphicar and then I can get to work on cutting some panels and holes

Can you also see if there is any internal bracing by popping your mobile phone in one of the ports and taking a snap with the flash on for me?

Thanks again!

Fantastic!

Thanks for that - I figured there would have to be some kind of bracing for a baffle that size, and it wont affect the overall volume by much

I won't be doing a HF/LF crossover though, as they will be used solely for LF

Coincidentally, if you don't mind me asking, what are the dimensions of the visible baffle? (height and width)

Thanks heaps for the photo!

On 3/19/2022 at 3:59 AM, Knight2001DTS said:

Awesome thankyou!! :)

These will help a LOT

Hopefully similar measurements from Amphicar and then I can get to work on cutting some panels and holes

Can you also see if there is any internal bracing by popping your mobile phone in one of the ports and taking a snap with the flash on for me?

Thanks again!

Sorry for the delay.  Just measured, @homatose a-f measurements match what I got.  

• Like 2

Thankyou for the measurements guys!

I'm going to cut the baffle approx 5mm larger on all sides than the actual measurements, so that I can route a 5mm channel on all 4 inside edges to recess it into

I just have one question though regarding the dimensions....

If the front baffle is 25 3/8" wide, I am getting a front baffle width of 26.75" width using 3 x C (6.25") and 2 x F (4").  

I am assuming all 4 ports are evenly spaced

Can I ask if you can please confirm the C and F measurements, and the front baffle width?

Or even just a photo with a tape measure across the front baffle, as it may be hard to judge the centre of the ports.

Thankyou so much for your time and effort!!!!