Do the XL-23 and Xl-12 Still Have Value

digregorioj

We are in the process of moving from Fort Myers Florida to Raleigh NC.  I just took down my surround system which consisted of 3 XL-23's, 2 XL-12's, X500WD Subwoofer and 1 pair of XFS stands.   Unfortunately the new house isn't wired for surround and there is no where to install it.  Just curious what a good selling price would be

13 hours ago, digregorioj said:

I just took down my surround system which consisted of 3 XL-23's, 2 XL-12's, X500WD Subwoofer and 1 pair of XFS stands. 

These are fantastic speakers and would be perfect for a smaller setup in a smaller room or a more discrete setup in a family room environment.  The XW-500D subwoofer performs way above it's weight class.

I would say they are "worth" maybe $700.00 to $800.00 to the right buyer.

Bill

• Like 1

15 hours ago, digregorioj said:

Thanks Billybob - Everything is in great condition.   However, I am missing the stands for the XL-23's - I had them wall mounted. Everything else looks new

Not a deal breaker on the stands.

You may have abit of remorse if you sell.

That is the subwoofer was thinking of.

If you have the time, holdout for best price.

GLWS !

• Like 1

We are in the process of moving from Fort Myers Florida to Raleigh NC.  I just took down my surround system which consisted of 3 XL-23's, 2 XL-12's, X500WD Subwoofer and 1 pair of XFS stands.   Unfortunately the new house isn't wired for surround and there is no where to install it.  Just curious what a good selling price would be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for your feedback guys...  These looked and sounded awesome in my old house.   The problem is the new house has speaker mounts in the ceiling for rear speakers and the XL12's are too big.  Also there isn't enough space under the TV or over the fire place for the XL 23.   If anyone is interested shoot me a message.  I prefer someone in the NC areas as these would cost a fortune to ship

• Like 2

I am getting ready to list these on ebay.   I attempted to install yesterday and the room just isn't setup for it.   The mantel on the TV is 5 feet high - with a  65" tv there is no room underneath for a speaker unless I want the TV touching the ceiling.  This stinks because it took me forever to get the right setup for my last house.  So I will be listing 3 XL-23's, 2 XL-12's, X500WD Subwoofer and 1 pair of XFS stands

• Like 2

Just now, digregorioj said:

I am getting ready to list these on ebay.   I attempted to install yesterday and the room just isn't setup for it.   The mantel on the TV is 5 feet high - with a  65" tv there is no room underneath for a speaker unless I want the TV touching the ceiling.  This stinks because it took me forever to get the right setup for my last house.  So I will be listing 3 XL-23's, 2 XL-12's, X500WD Subwoofer and 1 pair of XFS stands

If you are sure then... GLWS !

• Like 1

Yeah - it kills me but the wife refuse to let me drill into the mantel..   I also have to have someone come out and fix the mess the last owner did of running cables through the wall - the HDMI and power cord are still on top of the gas fireplace venting - don't feel real safe with that

1 minute ago, digregorioj said:

Yeah - it kills me but the wife refuse to let me drill into the mantel..   I also have to have someone come out and fix the mess the last owner did of running cables through the wall - the HDMI and power cord are still on top of the gas fireplace venting - don't feel real safe with that

If mantel deep enough could use J foots without drilling.

There are ways but, carpenter if creative could help.

Alright...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I couldn't bring myself to buy a soundbar as they don't sound as good as components.   I ended up snaking wire for the fronts and center to reuse my XL-23's and sub..  I bought a pair of ceiling mount Klipsch for the rear.  So I have a set of XL-12's and stands for sale - shoot me an offer - the stands are heavy and will cost a fortune to ship 

• Thanks 1