La Scala Industrials

chassell

On 7/26/2021 at 7:16 AM, chassell said:

What information do you have regarding a pair of LSI, serial numbers 1559 and 1560?

Thanks!

it  would be cool to see a picture , I have such a pair  ------crossover is AA  -K55V midrange --K77round magnet -K43  woofer , no sealed backs ---klipsch handles on the sides -

• Like 1

On 7/28/2021 at 2:57 PM, chassell said:

It's a pair I'm considering on eBay:  https://ebay.us/2XkiJx

yep  , like @JRH   Stated , these speakers  made it back to the USA from Germany - ,  Military gear ,  these LSI have the Aluminium trim and the fibreglass coating over birch wood ,  1st time I see this in a 1978 LSI  , 1piece cabs ----most are 80's and 90's  ,  great AA crossover ---round alnico k77--  k55V  -k43

all Alnico drivers , the trim extends all the way , down the sides and tops and  the bottoms all around ----this is nuts in  terms of expensive trim cost , , you got 500$  in trim alone   this speaker could be easy 15-20  lbs overweight as casters wheels are bolted to the bottom panel  ---

with 87 watchers , these speakers are gone

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RandyH said:

yep  , like @JRH   Stated , these speakers  made it back to the USA from Germany - ,  Military gear ,  these LSI have the Aluminium trim and the fibreglass coating over birch wood ,  1st time I see this in a 1978 LSI  , 1piece cabs ----most are 80's and 90's  ,  great AA crossover ---round alnico k77--  k55V  -k43

all Alnico drivers , the trim extends all the way , down the sides and tops and  the bottoms all around ----this is nuts in  terms of expensive trim cost , , you got 500$  in trim alone   this speaker could be easy 15-20  lbs overweight as casters wheels are bolted to the bottom panel  ---

with 87 watchers , these speakers are gone

I've sent an offer.  We'll see.

1 hour ago, MookieStl said:

congrats @chassell

I have a pair very similar, only splits. Built like tanks. Great sounding speakers especially outside. May need a little TLC but worth the work.

Yeah, I guess I'm going down the Industrial rabbit hole. I got a set of HIPs from DaveA awhile back with his tweeters and love 'em in my shop building. I can make room for Lascalas.🙂

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RandyH said:

Great job , wait till you see how heavy these are

Yeah, I'll bet. I expect I'll be leaving those casters on them. I'm picking them up on Tuesday and the seller said he'd help load, but I'm taking my lift table to be safe.

• Like 1