Cinema 800 Soundbar Thread

JilesM

Lets get some chat going about the Cinema 800! I have been using this as a daily driver for a few weeks now and I am enjoying it quite a bit. I need to add the surround speakers to the mix (I have the 3.1 system) but so far so good. This is matched to a 50" TV and the sizing is quite nice. 55" is probably the perfect mate.

Anyone have any thoughts on the surrounds?

These are my impressions so far: https://youtu.be/bPEhFRcAewA 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/26/2021 at 11:13 PM, JilesM said:

Anyone have any thoughts on the surrounds?

The Surround 3 speakers are the ones you need. The Cinema series soundbars are designed to work with them.

I have a pair and they sound great. There have been issues with some of the supported soundbars where the volume from the surrounds is not loud enough but that is an issue with the soundbar and not the surrounds.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2021 at 6:48 AM, duaned said:

I have this soundbar but I am disappointed with the volume of the subwoofer.

I do not have this issue with mine.

• Yours may be defective.
  • The latest firmware update may help.
  • You have the option of adding a second subwoofer to the Cinema 800.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a Cinema 800 to go with my new LG G1 65”. I have yet to be able to hear anything from it. I have tried every variation of connections including ARC, optical Bluetooth, and nothing. I’m using a fire stick, I’ve connected a hard drive directly to the bar and to the tv. I’m pretty technically savvy but after a few days…did I get a bad bar?

19 hours ago, Frnchmn11 said:

did I get a bad bar?

Perhaps... these things sometimes happen.

If you can, I would speak with someone from the place where you purchases it. They may be able to confirm if there are any issues with how it might be connected. They may be able to exchange it for another unit.

You can open a case with Klipsch Product support. They are often slow to respond but can walk you through a number of steps to determine if there are any issues with your bar. They can also provide a warranty replacement should one be warranted.

I may be able to offer some suggestions too but you will have to clarify a few things:

19 hours ago, Frnchmn11 said:

I’m using a fire stick, I’ve connected a hard drive directly to the bar and to the tv.

• How does a fire stick play a part in this discussion?
  • A hard drive is not an audio source and cannot be connected to the soundbar.

Do you hear any sound from your soundbar? Try this:

• Disconnect all cables or devices attached to your soundbar via HDMI.
  • Attach a sound source to the soundbar via the analogue input.
  • Power on the soundbar.
  • Select the analogue input.

If you don't hear any sound, increase the volume on the soundbar and on the device attached to the soundbar. If there is still no sound, that is a pretty good indication there may be issues your your soundbar. I would first try to get the retailer to exchange it. If that doesn't work, contact Klipsch Product support.

You may also find some more helpful information in these Cinema 800 articles.

• 5 months later...

Hey all,

I just bought the cinema 800 after my cinema 600 had an issue with the woofer and the retailer agreed to exchange it instead of repair. I was REALLY happy with the 600. Movies, music, games it was all beautiful clear highs, mids and nice punchy but powerful bass. Ive got to say im way less impressed with the 800. So far it just sounds like the centre speaker is trying to do all the hard work in th highs and mids and because of this, it actually sounds choppy and weak. When listening to music all the snappy drum hits and chord plucks are lost amongst the haze and in movies whilst the sound stage is way better, the dialogue sounds crap. again its like that centre speaker is not up to spec or it is not being supported by the other drivers. Has anyone else found the same issues?

@JB19, Welcome to the Klipsch forums.

I'm sorry your soundbar is not behaving as expected. Can you provide a little more information about your setup?

I will provide additional information once you have responded. In the meantime, review other Cinema 800 and Cinema 1200 posts.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2022 at 10:25 AM, Berto1975 said:

i just bought surround 3 for my cinema 800 im hearing crackling sound. What do I do?

Welcome to the Klipsch Community forums.

As I mentioned to JB19 in my previous post, review other Cinema 800 and Cinema 1200 posts. It's unfortunate but information is dispersed among a dozen different threads. The Cinema 800 and Cinema 1200 have a lot in common and you will find useful information in the Cinema 1200 threads too.

Others have also reported that crackling sound. While the Surround 3 speakers could be defective, the issue might also be resolved with a firmware update to your soundbar which will update the firmware in your surrounds.

The first thing you should do is Submit a request to Klipsch Product support. Describe your issue and provide them with your current firmware versions.

To do that, see this article: Cinema 800 - How to Check Firmware Versions.