ZZ Top's Dusty Hill passed away

wuzzzer

• Moderators
2 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

I was 2 1/2 months old.  😊

I was 18, I didn't realize you were that young. :emotion-21: Glad to see everyone around here is not old. :lol:

I only got to see them twice, wish it was more. They say the band will keep going, but to me it will not be the same. RIP

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, dtel said:

First time I seen them live was in Tad Gormly stadium in city park, it was an outdoor show.  It was the ZZ Tops Fandango tour and Aerosmith's Toys in the attic tour, both put on a great show.

The other two bands were lesser known, Fleetwood Mac, and Jeff Beck, Love to see that show again. 

I remember it mostly, but had to look up the date, July 26 1975 

https://www.setlist.fm/venue/tad-gormley-stadium-new-orleans-la-usa-bd6c1ee.html?page=4

We were all younger, stronger, and better looking back then.  Except for that wuzzzer guy, of course.  And our hearing was better, too.  I hope we made the best use of those great years that we could.  As well, I hope all our good memories outweigh the bad, because by now we’ve all had plenty of both.  Even wuzzzer.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Bought this CD box a while ago after watching a recent docu on zz top. 

I got to know them only in the mid 80s with Terminator, in their MTV period, but instantly loved them. Remember fishing trips with my friends, and when zz top was on that little portable fm radio, the volume would go up to 10 and we'd all sing along with those guitar riffs! 

We were 16 and I think we all had fallen in love with the cute girls in their videos! And those fuzzy guitars and those cool sunglasses! 

Good memories!!!! 

PSX_20210730_150511.jpg

• Like 5

7 hours ago, dtel said:

I was 18, I didn't realize you were that young. :emotion-21: Glad to see everyone around here is not old. :lol:

I only got to see them twice, wish it was more. They say the band will keep going, but to me it will not be the same. RIP

Recent Wiki:

Gibbons confirmed that the band would continue with Francis, per Hill's wishes. According to Gibbons, "Dusty emphatically grabbed my arm and said, 'Give Elwood the bottom end, and take it to the Top.' He meant it, amigo. He really did."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, dtel said:

This is still my favorite.

th.jpg

RIP Dusty Hill!

Yep, Tres Hombres is my favorite as well. I like the whole album, but my favorite song from that album is "Master of Sparks".

• Like 2