FS: Klipsch KP301-IICs - $1250

jlmoore3rd

These are pretty much the Pro version of the Klipsch Chorus home speakers, and are in excellent condition. I've upgraded them with Bob Crites' crossover components, and titanium tweeter diaphragms. I've also built a pair of wood-framed cloth-covered grills, since I was using them mostly indoors and found the metal grills a bit too utilitarian looking. I also added caster wheels to make it easier to roll them outdoors. I really do love the sound of these, especially outdoors!

Specs:
The Klipsch Professional KP-301 is a compact, full-range loudspeaker system that is exceptionally accurate. Its high output, high power handling, low distortion and smooth frequency response make it an excellent choice for music playback, such as in DJ or karaoke applications, as well as for live sound applications as a touring or fixed install speaker.

This three-way system features a 15-inch (380 mm) bass driver with a rigid, lacquer-dipped, rib-reinforced cone for extreme power handling. The midrange is handled by a 60° x 40° Tractrix® Horn coupled to a two-inch (50mm) titanium dome compression driver, with the high frequencies provided by a similar horn matched with a ferrofluid cooled, one-inch (25mm) polyetherimide dome compression driver. The KP-301 is equipped with a proprietary limiter device that automatically protects the high frequency driver from being overdriven.

The KP-301 is built from selected furniture-grade, 3/4-inch void-free birch plywood with a 1-inch plywood motorboard. The finish is black road cloth with a black, powder-coated perforated metal grille. This is a portable model fitted with side positioned handles at the balance points and corner and edge protection.

FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 50Hz - 20kHz±4dB (-10dB @ 39Hz) @ 3 meters, 1/2 space anechoic
SENSITIVITY: 101dB @ 2.83V, 1 meter, 1/2 space anechoic
POWER HANDLING: 400 watts (44.7V)
CALC MAX CONTINUOUS OUTPUT: 125dB
COVERAGE ANGLE: 60° Horizontal x 40° Vertical
DIRECTIVITY INDEX (DI): 9dB ±2dB
NOMINAL IMPEDANCE: 8 ohms, 5 ohms minimum @ 230Hz
TRANSDUCERS: One K-792-KP compression driver, one KP-66-E titanium compression driver and one 15" K-48-KP woofer
CROSSOVER FREQUENCY: 800Hz and 6kHz
INPUT CONNECTIONS: Dual red/black five-way binding posts and dual locking Neutrik® D-shell 0.25" phone plugs
DIMENSIONS (H x W x D): 32.625" (82.9cm) x 20.825" (53cm) x 16.825" (42.9cm)
WEIGHT: 82 lbs. (37.2kg)

NOTE: I'd really rather not ship these, but am amenable to delivering them to Portland, Seattle, or Salt Lake areas for a small fee.

KP301a.JPG

KP301b.JPG