want to build a speaker "switcher"

tigerwoodKhorns

Just try a simple diy switch and see if it works. If you cannot hear a difference, you succeeded. If you hear something drastic you learned something. I am going to try it myself. If a signal goes through wire, I imagine there is a good chance it will get through a switch just the same as other electrons on other missions do. It is worth trying to get first hand knowledge for oneself and momentarily remove oneself from these discussions of controversy. Just try it.

Ever seen a speaker switch on a receiver, you know speaker 1, speaker 2, speaker 1+2. Are these anything but normal switches? I have one of these on my Fisher 800c.

-c7s.

I faced the same problem when I bought my tube amp,how do I switch from the sansui receiver to the tube amp with the least amount of effort and sound the best.So I took the speaker wire that ran to the k-horns and but some banana jacks on them and mounted them on a board on the entertainment center.I made up some wires with banana plugs on the end of them to go to the scott tube amp.I did the same for the sansui. So basically all I have to do is plug the banana jacks of the amp I want to run into the banana jacks of the speaker wire of the k-horns.It works for me and cheeper than a switch box, I can switch from one amp to another in about 20 seconds.

Hi Guys,

I do not want to muddy the water any more but, if you are looking for a better than average DIY project, Welborne Labs sells a silver toggle switch (all the contacts are silver coated and sealed) that sounds very good in my DIY speaker switch box. There is a very slight difference in sound quality, mostly in the highs, with this switch, but most people would not notice. But as we all know, any added component in the chain is audible. Also, I used silver coated wire to hook up the terminals to the banana jacks.

The switch also has an "open" center point, so when you switch from one to the other it makes a complete break in the circuit. Good Luck!

JR