Nashville Heresy's

chassell

2 hours ago, yamahaSHO said:

They have new woofers at a minimum.  Only people I see keeping Klipsch used prices down are the people here.  Let them go up in price. 

the woofers have been painted with  black dye ,  the dust caps have been replaced ,the black cement glue is not centered  -there are brad nails  all around the motorboard -

01212_anr8msXvr5vz_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg

11 hours ago, wvu80 said:

Heresy I's go for $400 all day long.  These are owner re-finished going from Birch Raw to a dark walnut.

I'd go $300 tops and only if I was really wanting a pair of H1's.

Maybe.  I watch local ads etc. and haven't seen a decent set of H1s near Nashville for less than this in over a year. I would't take less in this area. Maybe because it's Music City, I dunno.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chassell said:
13 hours ago, wvu80 said:

I'd go $300 tops and only if I was really wanting a pair of H1's.

Maybe.  I watch local ads etc. and haven't seen a decent set of H1s near Nashville for less than this in over a year.

I defer to your superior knowledge of your local area.  You know your stuff and keep up with local sales.

All I've got is 49 confirmed sales of H1's in Good condition $387 and 46 confirmed sales of H1's in Avg/Poor condition $330 over a three year span to come up with the averages I quote.  I don't know the Nashville market and in fact I'm not sure I have anything documented from Nashville.  

I fully acknowledge that may not mean anything when looking for speakers in a person's local area.  My Heritage Prices spreadsheet is a good research tool and not the final word on used speaker prices.  It's a good place to start especially if a Buyer (or even a Seller) hasn't been keeping up on prices.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

49 confirmed sales of H1's in Good condition $387 and 46 confirmed sales of H1's in Avg/Poor condition $330 over a three year span to come up with the averages I quote.

Really appreciate the work that goes into collecting that data and it's a useful tool. Thank you. I'm going by advertised prices, so maybe the sale prices are a lot lower, but I think market is a little high here on Heresy's. But I do see decent prices occasionally on Chorus, Forte, etc. Odd.

19 minutes ago, chassell said:

Really appreciate the work that goes into collecting that data and it's a useful tool. Thank you. I'm going by advertised prices, so maybe the sale prices are a lot lower, but I think market is a little high here on Heresy's. But I do see decent prices occasionally on Chorus, Forte, etc. Odd.

I started jotting prices down due to my poor memory. 

Years ago we'd get into discussion on the Klipsch forums about what a used speaker was worth.  I'd say the La Scala was $1200, somebody else would say $1000 all day long, others $1500, but which was it?  Heck, I didn't know.  I'd see where someone bought one but I couldn't remember all the prices so made up a spreadsheet and let it do all the math.

It's part of the way I enjoy this activity.

Klipsch Heritage used prices ver 2021-08.xlsx

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I saw a post on Craigslist today for a vintage turntable I was interested in. Went to see it and it was this guy with the Heresy's. We played the TT on them and both sounded really, really good. He's in the music business and had all sorts of equipment around and was a pleasure to deal with. I ended up buying his Technics SL-QD2 for $135.