In-wall SW for Heritage series?

TGuv

First, hello to everybody and especially the regulars who taught me a lot by their postings.

My situation: bought a new house few mos ago but won't be moving in till Sept. I've been in it just once and unfortunately when I toured the home I didn't have audio gear on my mind, so no precise measurements of the main listening area ("great room"). Best estimate,  at least 14-16' x 25-30'. Weird ceiling modern architecture w steep vaulted portion then extends higher at apex to a windowed vertical open structure. Will post pics when I get to that. In any case, I'm about to A/B CW IV vs LS and  even adding Fortes in the mix (as safety net in case of wife).

My question at this point is purely theoretical. Depending whatever I eventually choose and if I find that bass is not to my preference once everything's in place and broken in, what are your thoughts on installing a pair of good quality in-wall SW? I haven't encountered a similar setup in my searches. Currently I have a pair Klipsch 8" in ceiling placed at the 10ft mark of vaulted ceiling and Klipsch SW behind the couch fed through a Sonos amp. That's it. It's OK and even enjoyed this setup for several yrs now. With the move I'll finally acquire the speakers and components I've always wanted. This will be for music listening only, no HT.

Also, external SW are not an option and if I do eventually go the in-wall SW route will be high end. Hopefully the system may not even need SW, but just in case. So thanks for any input, (or recommend I post this in SW thread?)

Edited by TGuv
added info

• Moderators

Welcome

I have no idea about in wall-subs so I can't comment. But with the main speakers you are talking about a sub may not be mandatory depending on the type of music you like and the volume. The speakers you talked about all have good bass, not very deep sub bass but good musicial bass for sure.

A odd shaped room can sometimes be a good thing, especially high ceilings in my opinion, better than a square room. 

Maby someone will know about a in-wall subs or just a different opinion. 

• Like 1

Check into infinite baffle subs.  They are usually build in-wall, in-floor, or in-ceiling.  They require a very specific placement that may not be possible in your room (it wasn't in mine).  However, if you can make it work, they offer some of the cleanest, deepest bass available.

Thanks @Tarheel TJ I was just coming back to this to suggest the same. It requires some DIY skills and as you mention it has some special requirements. To the OP check out "the cult of the infinitely baffled":

https://ibsubwoofers.proboards.com/

These type of subs WILL keep up with Heritage highly efficient speakers.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, TGuv said:

First, hello to everybody and especially the regulars who taught me a lot by their postings.

My situation: bought a new house few mos ago but won't be moving in till Sept. I've been in it just once and unfortunately when I toured the home I didn't have audio gear on my mind, so no precise measurements of the main listening area ("great room"). Best estimate,  at least 14-16' x 25-30'. Weird ceiling modern architecture w steep vaulted portion then extends higher at apex to a windowed vertical open structure. Will post pics when I get to that. In any case, I'm about to A/B CW IV vs LS and  even adding Fortes in the mix (as safety net in case of wife).

My question at this point is purely theoretical. Depending whatever I eventually choose and if I find that bass is not to my preference once everything's in place and broken in, what are your thoughts on installing a pair of good quality in-wall SW? I haven't encountered a similar setup in my searches. Currently I have a pair Klipsch 8" in ceiling placed at the 10ft mark of vaulted ceiling and Klipsch SW behind the couch fed through a Sonos amp. That's it. It's OK and even enjoyed this setup for several yrs now. With the move I'll finally acquire the speakers and components I've always wanted. This will be for music listening only, no HT.

Also, external SW are not an option and if I do eventually go the in-wall SW route will be high end. Hopefully the system may not even need SW, but just in case. So thanks for any input, (or recommend I post this in SW thread?)

Hopefully is a good word. Usually happy with the Klipsch bass.

Maybe it will not come to subwoofer s...