Suggestions For Affordable Subwoofer Preamp

MEH Synergy

56 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Big Cleanbox fan here.  Have been using them for years.

Thanks for chiming in.  I am just awaiting new cables and then I'm sure I'll be quite satisfied. The mixer I am using now has a loud thump upon turn it off as well that I don't like. Assuming the Cleanbox has enough gain (same output as my mixer on paper), I'll be quite satisfied. 

2 minutes ago, babadono said:

Your an old hand at this...but...power amps on last and off first...LOFO

I know that of course. These are POWERED subs with a delicate little rocker knob on the amp for power. I leave them on auto. Subs can take the pop being sent to them with ease and I'm not concerned about it causing damage. Just annoying when I listen to them at low levels at night and then have, to shut them off.  I don't have to worry about this with speaker amp or DAC as they are both completely digital and cause not a sound regardless of how,

they are powered on or off. 

4 minutes ago, babadono said:

Ok but if it does not work as you hope remember "12volt switches B WE"

I work for a company that has made millions of dollars turning sheet on and off and on again at just the right time:)

Then I'll be in touch to have you custom fab me up one of them there million dollar switchers. 

Got the Cleanbox hooked up today, and had a, little time to mess with it. This is absolutely the solution I needed. Tons of gain going into the subs now. Had to cut the gain on each sub from max to half and I'll likely lower it a bit from there even.   No popping to the subs upon powering off the Cleanbox either. I'll likely just leave it on all the time though anyhow. Thanks, for the suggestions/input. I'm thoroughly enjoying these subs even more now. I thought my speakers were just fine without subs.  Nope. Musical subs just add so much of the missing element regardless of if it is already there when dialed in properly.  

• Like 3